This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-run site with direct access to Lake Arthur
- Heated outdoor pool, games room and shop
- Kids' gem mine, kids' club and play area
Ever been to lovely Lake Arthur? Part of the 16,725-acre Moraine State Park, these Pennsylvania waters make up a manmade reservoir that's a smashing spot for hot air ballooning, windsurfing, sailing, boating and fishing.
You can ice boat here too in the colder months, or cast out a line any time of year to land bass, catfish and other specimens… and also around are a couple of beaches, numerous opps for pleasure cruises, and quite a lot of wildlife watching (ospreys and bald eagles are frequently spotted here).
With direct access to the lake and covering almost 60 acres of agricultural land tract along Moraine State Park's south-western border is Bear Run Campground, a family-run business carefully managed by owners June and Robert since 1975. It was designed to fit in with its scenic and green surroundings, as well as to cover a wide range of amenities to make stays comfy.
Among the facilities are a heated outdoor pool and a TV and games room; for kids, there's a play area, a kids' club and – they'll think they've struck gold – a gem mine.
Bear Run Campground also has a convenience store and free wifi. Campfires are allowed.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
Get out on and around the lake first: Lake Arthur has heaps of things to do all year round, from ice fishing and ice boating to summer sailing and windsurfing. Regattas and races are regularly held by the lake's sailing club.
Hiking, mountain biking and horse riding are all available around the Moraine State Park: try the three-mile Hilltop Trail near the Bear Run Boat Launch, the Sunken Garden Trail passing along the edge of Lake Arthur, and the Pleasant Valley Trail, on the lake's south shore.
For museums, the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, the Harmony Historic District with museum and the Andy Warhol Museum are all good options, while for family days, you could try the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium, the Living Treasures Wild Animal Park and the National Aviary.
Disc golfers have a lot to pick from nearby, with courses at Knob Hill Park, Moraine State Park and Slippery Rock University. Dirt track racing is available at Lernerville Speedway and Mercer Raceway Park.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Bear Run Campground have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Bear Run Campground dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Bear Run Campground? Get out on and around the lake first: Lake Arthur has heaps of things to do all year round, from ice fishing and ice boating to summer sailing and windsurfing. Regattas and … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Bear Run Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 4 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 2 p.m.