This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly park on the banks of the Martin Stream near Turner, ME
- Direct access to river for fishing, canoeing and kayaking
- Heated pool, playground, volleyball court and communal firepit
Arrange to be AWOL and clear a good chunk of your calendar, for you'll crave to be at this Maine site for as long as you can manage.
Martin Stream Campground is a quiet, family-friendly park n 18 acres of woods on the banks of the Martin Stream, a mile outside Turner. It has direct access to the stream so guests can fish a mere few steps from their berth, or launch a boat to explore more than 20 miles of navigable stream or river – even more fably, you can hire canoes or kayaks from the campground team if you don't have your own.
Other outdoor activities locally (spoiler: there are loads) include lake swimming at Bear Pond and mountain biking, horse riding and hiking trails in Androscoggin Riverlands State Park... while serious hikers might crave a day or two tackling the routes on nearby Streaked Mountain.
The facilities at Martin Stream Campground are as fab as the surroundings: there's a heated outdoor pool, playground, volleyball court, horseshoes pit and basketball hoop to keep all ages busy in and out of water, and free wifi for idle hours catching up with the outside world. Dont lift a finger to be entertained as weekends either, as the team lays on events of all sorts from communal barbecues to horseshoes tournaments to theme nights.
A communal fire area and plenty of picnic tables and firepits are dotted around the grounds. And to ensure you stay spruce during all this outdoor adventuring, free hot showers and a launry area are at your disposal too.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
Take a trip into local town Turner for a spot of urban adventuring during your Martin Stream Campground stay: this Androscoggin County settlenent is home to the Turner Historical Museum telling the tale of the town and those who've lived here in the Maine foothills.
Turner's also a popular startoff point for all those Maine adventures, such as scaling Streaked Mountain , 10 minutes' drive from the campground; hiking, mountain biking and horse riding in Androscoggin Riverlands State Park (15 minutes), or watersports on the dozen local watery expanses including lakes, rivers and ponds. Hundreds of miles of hiking, biking and ATV trails surround the town.
Within 10 minutes' drive, access Bear Mountain from Bear Mountain Road to the north of Martin Stream, for a mile and a half scramble upwards among trees and wildlife. After that, descend to Bear Pond, where there's a lakeside beach and several pretty spots for picnics.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Martin Stream Campground have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Martin Stream Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Martin Stream Campground? Take a trip into local town Turner for a spot of urban adventuring during your Martin Stream Campground stay: this Androscoggin County settlenent is home to the Turner Historical Museum telling the … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Martin Stream Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m.