This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Great family vacation spot on Cook Lake with many amenities
- Only 60 minutes away from metro Detroit
- Whatever your camping style, you'll find it here
Taylor’s Beach Campground offers affordable family camping on a lakefront location. It’s a great place for your family and friends to have fun and enjoy time together. The campground is conveniently located 60 minutes from Detroit city centre.
The campground is particularly suited for families with children as it has a large arcade games room, 3 and 4-wheel pedal carts, a kids' frog and turtle pond and movie days (indoor or outdoor depending on the weather).
There is also a lake with a sandy beach suitable for bathing, paddle boarding and jumping from the bouncy water-platform. Kayaks, pedal and rowing boats are also available for hire.
Other facilities include toilet and shower blocks, a laundry room, a convenience store and a picnic area with tables and barbecue grills.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
The town of Howell boasts restaurants, golf courses, outlet shopping and a skateboard park as well as an ice arena and horseback riding stables. You'll find a lot to do right here on-site, too!
Howell is a small town, just a one-hour drive from Detroit, Michigan. There are many activities and attractions for families with children who can for example visit the Howell Carnegie District Library, where they can participate in an array of free activities. You can also take the kids to Howell Area Historical Society Museum to check out the railroad, depot and the caboose.
You may also want to attend some of the annual events that take place in Howell throughout the year. During the summer, there is the Michigan Challenge Balloonfest, with a dog show, family fun tent, carnival, arts and crafts, skydivers and, of course, lots of beautiful hot air balloons. In November, the annual Fantasy of Lights Parade and Town Activities famous for its ice sculptures, crafts and gingerbread houses. Another event is the Howell Melon Festival, held annually in August. Kids can eat sweet treats, do some summer ice skating, attend a classic car show and participate in all sorts of exciting children's activities.
The Howell City Park is a short drive away. There is also a large playground at Don Miller Park and the Great Escape Family Fun Center is a great option for a day out. Ride go-karts, play mini golf or bounce in the inflatables.
- Does Taylor's Beach Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Taylor's Beach Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Taylor's Beach Campground? The town of Howell boasts restaurants, golf courses, outlet shopping and a skateboard park as well as an ice arena and horseback riding stables. You'll find a lot to do right here … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Taylor's Beach Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon