This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet country setting with easy access from US I-135
- Five minutes' drive from Hesston and 35 from Wichita
- Wildlife haven with nature trails, a pond and a creek
Sunflowers all around, tall trees for shade, and a wildlife haven and countryside setting with easy access from the highway… you may have already cottoned on that Cottonwood Grove RV Campground is a fine pick for peaceful stays.
A central Kansas park five minutes’ drive from Hesston, Cottonwood Grove is a small and tree-shaded park with plenty of space and plenty of wildlife: take the nature trails around the grounds or make your way to the small pond and creek to see what species you can spot as you stroll. Away from the grounds, there’s easy access for exploring further afield, as Exit 40 of US I-135 is 600 feet away, and top spots like the Harvey County lakes and Marion Reservoir are within half an hour’s drive.
If you’ve come home famished after a day’s outing, a Chinese restaurant is next door to the park; if you can stave off starvation for a little longer there are shops and restaurants in Hesston.
Facilities at the park itself include bathrooms, a laundry room and a chemical disposal.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
For a bit of outdoors time around this part of Kansas, start by putting your way around the golf course in Hesston (five minutes’ drive), strolling around the botanical gardens Dyck Arboretum of the Plains (five minutes) or taking walks by the Harvey County lakes (20 minutes) or Marion Reservoir (half an hour).
Mix that up with a bit of time in some of the area’s small towns, taking in the antiques and art gallery in Newton (15 minutes), wandering through Peabody Downtown Historic District (25 minutes) or taking off to ‘Little Sweden’ in the town of Lindsborg (35 minutes). Wichita is about 35 minutes away too, if you’re after something bigger: Exploration Place, Kansas in Miniature and the Wichita Art Museum make good stops here, as do the town’s theatres and festivals.
Family outings in the area might take you to meet the animals at Sedgwick County Zoo (35 minutes), to step way, way back in time at the Field Station: Dinosaurs theme park (45 minutes) or to see the space museum and salt mines in Hutchinson (45 minutes).
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Cottonwood Grove RV Campground cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Cottonwood Grove RV Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Cottonwood Grove RV Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cottonwood Grove RV Campground? For a bit of outdoors time around this part of Kansas, start by putting your way around the golf course in Hesston (five minutes’ drive), strolling around the botanical gardens Dyck Arboretum … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Cottonwood Grove RV Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: noon