This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Mountain site among tall pine trees in the Alto Tajo Nature Reserve
- Wildlife haven in spectacular setting used in Game of Thrones
- Restaurant and café with terrace, barbecue area and takeaway
Wildlife watchers: this is the peaky place for you.
Mountain site Camping de Orea at a heady 1,550 metres altitude is in the Alto Tajo Nature Reserve, famed for its splendid landscapes, sweet scented pine forests, deep gorges and tall cliffs – and for its huge diversity of wildlife from golden eagles to roe deer; a site so essential to wildlife that it's a designated UNESCO geopark. (And so spectacularly and anciently scenic that it's been used as a setting for Game of Thrones.)
The site is in a spectacular spot too: surrounded by handsome meadows and ancient pines for shade and scent, and with colours changing all the year round as each season takes hold. Although it's in is a peacefully rural place, you won't have far to travel if you crave bars and urban sightseeing, as Orea town centre is within two and a half kilometres.
Camping de Orea is in Spain's sunny and central Guadalajara province, a couple of hours from Madrid. Facilities include a restaurant and café with a terrace (covered or uncovered depending on the weather), and a barbecue area for those who'd rather prep their own eats. A toilet and shower block, washing-up area and launderette are all to hand for guests' use.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
The site is niftily set between Cuenca, Guadalajara and Teruel, in a rural location tiptop for outdoor activities like hiking, cycling, diving and canoeing around the Alto Tajo Nature Reserve. Top spots in the reserve include the village of Checa, 20 minutes' drive from the site, Chequilla (25 minutes) and Taravilla lagoon, an hour's drive away.
The main town in the reserve is Molina de Aragón, 55 minutes north west and home to several fine old sights including two churches, a Roman bridge, a convent and a 10th-century alcázar, the biggest in Guadalajara province. Within the same distance to the south east is Albarracin, a Spanish national monument surrounded by medieval walls.
Moving on from your mountain haven (if you must), Guadalajara is about two hours and 10 minutes to the west, and Valencia two and a half hours south east.
- Does Camping De Orea have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping De Orea dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping De Orea? The site is niftily set between Cuenca, Guadalajara and Teruel, in a rural location tiptop for outdoor activities like hiking, cycling, diving and canoeing around the Alto Tajo Nature Reserve. Top spots … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping De Orea?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon