This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site in the traditional seaside village of Porto Covo
- A few minutes' walk from a sandy beach for swimming and surfing
- Yoga, gym, play area, shop, café, outdoor kitchen, pool and dogs' pool
Water fans whose hols include copious opportunities to take a dip will be chuffed by the offerings at Costa do Vizir Camping.
All members of the family are well catered for here, with a large outdoor pool next to an excellent paddling pool – and even canines don’t miss out as there’s a dedicated dog bath where they can practise their doggy paddle. It's only a few minutes' walk too to the beach and the little village of Porto Covo, between the site and the sea.
Plenty of other leisure options are around on site, including yoga classes and a fitness area, a sports pitch for basketball and football, and a playground and games room for kids' outdoor and indoor time. For food, pick up bits from the site’s mini market or head to the poolside café for a selection of light meals, tapas and snacks... or use the communal barbecue and outdoor kitchen to cook sort supper to take over to the picnic tables.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
How clean and tidy the site was The very large …
Great for a chilled stop off!
Plenty of space available for pitching, nice facilities, beach is …
The gravel pitches are great but the reservation system isn't.
Absolutely amazing. The swimming pool is great as well as …
Beautiful site with clean facilities, big level individual pitches
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Praia Grande is the village’s main beach and a popular spot among visitors and locals: in high season a lifeguard keeps watch over the waters, and you can hire surfboards and have surf lessons here if your technique needs a little boost.
Several little coves around the village provide alternative sandy beaches, or you could drive for 20 minutes or so to get to the wild dunes of Praia do Malhão or the sheltered Praia da Franquia, to rent motorboats or windsurfing kit.
For a spot of history, make the 20-minute drive to the coastal town of Sines, where you can visit the birthplace of 15th-century globetrotter Vasco da Gama and walk on the old castle walls. Drive a little further north (half an hour from the site) to reach the Roman ruins at Miróbriga and wander around the well-preserved forum, houses and bathhouses.
Also around half an hour from the site is the Badoca Safari Park, for guided tours on a tractor-pulled train among various inhabitants including zebras, giraffes, buffalo and ostriches. Bird of prey displays, a rafting ride and the chance to feed lemurs are among the park’s other attractions.
- Does Costa do Vizir Camping have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Costa do Vizir Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Costa do Vizir Camping? Praia Grande is the village’s main beach and a popular spot among visitors and locals: in high season a lifeguard keeps watch over the waters, and you can hire surfboards and have … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Costa do Vizir Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon