This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful countryside site by the Marechal Carmona reservoir
- Within easy reach of Monsanto and Castelo Branc
- Swimming pool, bar-restaurant, playground and tennis courts
Have Portugal, have Spain… and have lots of water-based activities at Parque de Campismo Municipal de Idanha-a-Nova, a big countryside site by the Marechal Carmona reservoir, eight kilometres from the Boom Festival town of Idanha-a-Nova in eastern Portugal and about 20 kilometres from the Spanish border.
Watery sports including fishing, sailing and canoeing are all available at the reservoir next to the site, and the surrounding area has footpaths galore to get out on to explore this Castelo Branco District countryside. A nature reserve and a natural park are within 50 kilometres.
Alongside all that, the site has a pool, green gardens, tennis courts, a playground and a games room, and a bar-restaurant and mini market to sort out the food and drink.
Amenities include a car wash and a motorhome service area, a launderette and washrooms with accessible facilities.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Clean toilet blocks, lovely hot water.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Apesar de várias instalações se encontrarem fechadas devido à situação …
Muito bom para relaxar. O staff é muito atencioso e …
Jose Pedro F.Confirmed
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Very large (over 200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
The site's local town is Idanha-a-Nova, home of the huge biannual music and art Boom Festival first set up in 1997. If you're not around during festival hours, Idanha-a-Nova is one of the oldest towns in Portugal, so have a more peaceful time wandering around its old cathedral, village museum, restored walls and the Roman bridge over the Ponsul river.
Next up should be Monsanto 20 kilometres away, the splendid medieval village built around huge mountain boulders (go, it's a must see) and home to a 16th-century chapel, the old wine cellar Antiga Aldeia, and 15th-century Mother Church with Roman doorway and spectacular high altar.
At Castelo Branco 25 kilometres away, the famed Jardim do Paço Episcopal (Garden of the Episcopal Palace) is one of the most lauded gardens in Portugal, with statues of all sorts set around ponds, stairs and terraces.
For nature spotting and hiking days, try the Serra da Malcata nature reserve 45 kilometres away and the Serra da Estrela Natural Park within 50.
- Does Parque De Campismo Municipal de Idanha-a-Nova have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Parque De Campismo Municipal de Idanha-a-Nova dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Parque De Campismo Municipal de Idanha-a-Nova? The site's local town is Idanha-a-Nova, home of the huge biannual music and art Boom Festival first set up in 1997. If you're not around during festival hours, Idanha-a-Nova is one of … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Parque De Campismo Municipal de Idanha-a-Nova?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 3 p.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon