This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the South West Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park
- Two golden sandy beaches within 600 metres
- Bar, restaurant, shop, pool and hot tub
A natural park setting a stroll from the sea… the Algarve's Parque de Campismo do Monte Carvalhal da Rocha is right in the South West Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park, surrounded by verdant vegetation and only 500 metres from the clear blue waters of Carvalhal beach.
A hundred metres from there are the long sands and high cliff of Machado beach, and the shops and restaurants of local town Brejão are just a couple of kilometres away. Several other top Portuguese beaches are within a short drive.
The campsite has a bar and restaurant serving up local sups, local sips and sweeping ocean views; a pool available for a small daily fee; a hot tub; bike hire and a games room with a pool table and five football tables. The mini market sells essential staples, bread, charcuterie, fruit and veg.
Amenities include showers and toilets, disabled facilities, a launderette and a washing-up area. Carvalhal da Rocha welcomes pets, but in low season only, please.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
we were the only people on the whole site,looked totally derelect
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
Surrounding Parque de Campismo do Monte Carvalhal da Rocha, the South West Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park is part of what's been called the Algarve's 'wild western coast', covering over 100km of shoreline from Porto Covo to Burgau park is a popular place for its spectacular beaches, many almost hidden, its surfing and for its rare wildlife and birdlife: this is the only place in Portugal where otters live in a marine habitat and the only place in the world where white storks nest among shore rocks.
The campsite is equidistant from two golden beaches, Praia do Carvalhal and Praia dos Machados, and has several other first-rate sands within a short drive, like Malhão, Vila Nova de Milfontes, Almograve, Monte Clérigo, Arrifana and Praia do Amado.
Bring your board too, for this part of Portugal is top surfing territory.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Parque de Campismo Monte Carvalhal da Rocha have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Parque de Campismo Monte Carvalhal da Rocha dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Parque de Campismo Monte Carvalhal da Rocha? Surrounding Parque de Campismo do Monte Carvalhal da Rocha, the South West Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park is part of what's been called the Algarve's 'wild western coast', covering over 100km … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Parque de Campismo Monte Carvalhal da Rocha?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon