This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful and lush site on famed Danube Bend, 30km from Budapest
- Thermal spas nearby and within 15km of Szentendre and Visegrád
- Motorboat and canoe hire, 30metres from the banks of the Danube river
By the Danube, Beautiful Blue Danube… You might well recognise the melody of this world-famous waltz, and a stay here will show you what inspired Johann Strauss to write it and other river-themed classical tunes.
Settled on the banks of Europe’s second-longest river, lush, leafy and greenly scenic Danube Camping is a calm spot on the famed Danube Bend, close to thermal pools, a riverside beach and watery sports. For less active days, sightseeing and spa visits in Budapest, 30 kilometres south down the river, are a cinch from here too.
Roughly halfway between the towns of Szentendre and Visegrád in the centre of Tahitótfalu village, the site is 30 metres from the water’s edge, 10 minutes' drive from a free sandy river beach in Dunabogdany. Bikes, canoes and motorboats are all for hire on site to help you explore the river and its surrounds, and off site you’ll be able to get stuck into hiking, fishing and horse riding nearby.
Danube Camping has an outdoor pool to start your day at, and a restaurant to round it all off with house-smoked meats and other treats; tasty discounts are available for guests.
Having reopened the site in 2017, the new owners are toiling hard to bring the facilities up to date, so for now, expect a retro look and feel to some aspects.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
As one might expect from a riverside site, canoeing and fishing options are readily available nearby, and you can take a cruise boat to sail around the famed Danube Bend should you prefer your water vessel to be chauffeured.
Have a wander around the site’s local village of Tahitótfalu, or the towns of Visegrád and Szentendre, both within 15 kilometres. Known in Hungary as the city of painters, Szentendre became popular with artists in the early 20th century, who flocked from all over to capture the town’s prettiness on canvas. It’s a dead safe bet for those partial to a good wander around museums and galleries, with the must-see being the city’s open-air ethnographical museum.
As Hungary sits pretty upon one of the world’s densest geothermal and medicinal water resources, it’d be folly not to check out what’s around in the way of hot bubbly spa pools. Several lie nearby around the village and in the aforementioned neighbouring towns, and lots are around the wider lands too, especially over in Budapest, where you’ll be able to choose between Turkish and Roman baths and medicinal and party spas.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Danube Camping have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Danube Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Danube Camping? As one might expect from a riverside site, canoeing and fishing options are readily available nearby, and you can take a cruise boat to sail around the famed Danube Bend should you … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Danube Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.
Please notify the park's staff of your arrival approximately one hour prior via SMS message, using the contact number on the booking form.Read more