This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Comfortable site with pool in the wooded hills above Lake Constance
- Wellness centre on site with sauna and spa, yoga and Qi Gong
- Hiking and biking trails, watersports and wine with Alpine views
Why waste time having the age-old tents versus hotels debate? The clever family team at Wirthshof run a hotel with a wellness centre and restaurant right next door; when you add that fine combo to the fab scenery and fairytale towns of the Lake Constance area, you wonder if it could all be true.
And it is...
With families and comfort in mind, the site has three adventure playgrounds for the kids to pick from, as well as the outdoor heated pool for all-day splashing. As well as groceries and camping supplies, the shop serves up hot rolls and newspapers in the morning, or you could buy some local honey and cheese and have a Bavarian riviera breakfast. (Or if that's too much effort, fill up on the buffet at the restaurant.)
The only debate you'll be having at this welcoming German resort is when to enjoy what's on the site and when to go out exploring. If you're staying on site, the wellness centre beckons with its Finnish sauna and relaxation rooms, so you can feed body and soul with classes in yoga, qigong or fitness. Think of it as offsetting all that gorgeous local grub and grog...
Open from 01/11/2021 to 12/17/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Lake Constance is also called Bodensee and Das Schwäbische Meer (the Swabian Sea); they gave it three names because you can cram at least three holidays into one. The lake also joins three countries, centrepiece of a region where meadows become vineyards, Alpine peaks overlook beaches and Roman ruins flank baroque cathedrals.
Walking trails to the lake start right in next-door Markdorf (under five minutes' drive): if you've got 10 days spare, you could hike or bike round the whole lake. Ferries (a joy in themselves) link up with cable cars and mountain railways and onwards to a network of sky-high trails stretching to Liechtenstein.
Few towns on the lake are without a watersports centre catering to keen canoeists and wobbly first-time windsurfers alike. Few towns are not worth a visit either... Meersburg (15 minutes) is a medieval affair, with vine-studded slopes leading to the sort of castle Rapunzel might have tossed her hair out of (let your own hair down sampling the local pinot noir). At Friedrichshafen (15 minutes) zip round the Zeppelin museum and step on board a reconstructed Hindenburg.
For heights without hot air, you can head up the lighthouse in Lindau (40 minutes) and see the Alps.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Wirthshof have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Wirthshof dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Wirthshof? Lake Constance is also called Bodensee and Das Schwäbische Meer (the Swabian Sea); they gave it three names because you can cram at least three holidays into one. The lake also joins … Read more