This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly and peaceful family site a 15-minute drive from Cognac
- Sample cognac and champagne and the owners' homemade aperitif
- Playground, spotless amenities and pool with sun loungers alongside
'Fantastic', 'lovely' and 'very friendly' are just a teeny selection of accolades heaped on the spectacular little site of Camping du Pas des Biches – and there's cognac and champagne as well as homemade aperitif to sample here too.
The owners here make their own pineau ('delicious' and 'amazing' are the verdicts on this, and oui, you can buy bottles too to take gleefully home): sample it on a splendid and peaceful countryside setting surrounded by Cognac vineyards, with loads of green space and tall trees all around for shade. It's all on the edge of the handsome little village of Celles in the Charente-Maritime department, within easy reach of family days out at local villages and at Cognac and Pons 15 minutes' drive away – although perhaps don't let the kids sample the wares at the former...
Facilities are excellent here for days on site: there's an outdoor pool for family dips, sun loungers alongside for idle baksing, and a well-equipped playground to entertain the kids. Amenities including showers and toilets are kept spotless.
Please note that there's little English spoken at the site – however, you'll still find this place mighty friendly even if you don't parlez any français.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Good variety of spacious pitches, some in shade and some …
Although facilities need updating a must to stay again.
Excellent site for a chilled stay.
We loved this place, though it wouldn't be everyone's cup …
The area and the camp site quite and peaceful
Very rural surroundings with plenty of Vineyards everywhere. Very friendly …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Propane/gas cylinders available
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
The site is 12 kilometres from the city centre of Cognac and its museums, Château Royal de Cognac and peaceful promenades around the Jardin Public and La Maison de la Lieutenance. Supermarkets, shopping areas, a golf course, parks, bars and restaurants are all to hand in town too.
Heading west from the site, it's also about 15 minutes' drive to the medieval town of Pons, a stopoff point on the famed St James's Way. The town's a splendid spot for sightseeing among medieval streets and aged buildings: start off at the central square and climb to the top of the donjon for a stroll around the gardens and viewsome scenes of the town and its Grand Escalier staircase.
For a restful and grownup time, the hot springs and casinos of Jonzac are within 25 minutes' drive. Camping du Pas des Biches is also well placed for seaside days at Meschers-sur-Gironde, Saint-Georges-de-Didonne and Royan, all within an hour.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping du Pas des Biches have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping du Pas des Biches dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping du Pas des Biches? The site is 12 kilometres from the city centre of Cognac and its museums, Château Royal de Cognac and peaceful promenades around the Jardin Public and La Maison de la Lieutenance. Supermarkets, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping du Pas des Biches?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 2 p.m.