This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Woodland site next to the Oudon river
- Opposite the famed L'isle Briand racecourse
- Bike, kayak and canoe rental; games room with TV and board games
Who fancies horse racing? And scenic river canoeing? And free access to a local pool within easy walking distance – and all on a spacious, leafy and green three-hectare site? Here you have the lot at Camping Les Frenes - Val Mayenne.
This family-friendly, roomy and scenic site is both riverside and woodland, set in the Maine-et-Loire town of Le Lion d'Angers where the Oudon and Mayenne rivers meet. Just opposite is the famed L'isle Briand racecourse, home of the Anjou-Loire Challenge (the longest obstacle course in the world, equine enthusiasts). Nantes is about an hour away.
Canoeing/kayaking, fishing, mountain biking and – of course – horse riding are all available nearby; rent canoes, kayaks and bikes on site. Guests also have free access to the local pool, under a kilometre away.
For getting leisurely on site, Camping Les Frenes has miniature golf, table tennis and a playground, and a games and TV room with board games and books. Ice cream and cold drinks are on sale in the site shop, to cool down before or after getting out onto the rivers.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
This is horsey land: opposite the site is L'isle Briand racecourse, where geegees have galloped since the 18th century. Race meets – over 90 of them – run these days from April to September.
Less than a half a kilometre from Le Lion-d'Angers village, crossed by the Oudon river before it meets the Mayenne. From town, it's 21 kilometres to department capital Angers, one of the Loire Valley's (and France's) official towns of art and history, and 46 kilometres to historical Solesmes and its scenic caves of the Grotte de Rochefort and the Grotte à Margot.
Bathtime? Entrammes Roman baths are 44 kilometres from the site and the old town of Laval within 53. If that doesn't get the kids jumping with excitement, try the Jardin des Kangourous kangaroo park, 20 kilometres west of Angers near Savennieres.
For racing of an engined sort, Le Mans is about 100 kilometres away.
- Does Camping Les Frênes - Val Mayenne have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Les Frênes - Val Mayenne dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Frênes - Val Mayenne? This is horsey land: opposite the site is L'isle Briand racecourse, where geegees have galloped since the 18th century. Race meets – over 90 of them – run these days from April … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Frênes - Val Mayenne?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9:30 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11:30 a.m.