This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet, eco and family-friendly site on the banks of the Essonne river
- An hour and 20 mins' drive from Paris and 25 from Fontainebleau forest
- Clean and modern amenities including disabled facilities
About 10 seconds... That's how long it'll take once you set foot on the grounds of Camping Île de Boulancourt to spy reasons aplenty why gratified guests return here again and again: this handsome and family-friendly site is on the banks of the Essonne river, surrounded by woodland paths, trails and waterways for cyclists, hikers, strollers and eagle-eyed wildlife watchers.
The spectacular forest of Fontainebleau (horse riders and climbers, this is where you saddle or buckle up) is an easy 25 minutes' drive away, and the forest, wetland and biosphere reserve of the Fontainebleau et du Gâtinais is within about 20 minutes. The site's setting in the Seine-et-Marne countryside is about an hour and 20 minutes from magnifique Paris by car, or just under an hour and a half via the RERD train from nearby Malesherbes.
Île de Boulancourt is a scenic and peaceful place, with grassy areas, tree-lined paths, gardens, and colourful flowers and shrubs. You can fish in the Essonne river that runs through the site, or (and?) settle down for a picnic at one of the riverside tables, or just find your own solitary spot for riverside or tree-shaded daydreaming. Bikes are available for hire if you want to explore the surrounding woodland.
The site also has a spacious court for pétanque, prettily set among flowers; a roomy playground on sand, and a games room with sofa for reading and general lounging. A well-equipped kitchen is at guests' disposal for food prep: pick up basics a couple of minutes' walk away in Boulancourt village, or drive the 10 minutes or so to the shops and restaurants of Malesherbes.
Barbecues and campfires are both allowed on site.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Level pitches, friendly staff and good clean facilities. Quiet in …
ideal for climbers with kids
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Excellent camping ! Personnel très sympathique !
Mooie vlakke en grote staanplaats. Voldoende ruimte om met de zon mee
Marie lourdes B.Confirmed
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
The fab forest of Fontainebleau within easy day trip distance is famed as the former hunting ground of French royalty because of its setting close to Paris. It's been a popular and legendary French spot for centuries, known for its rock formations and boulders as well as its gorges, hills and wildlife: pick up some forest info nearby in Fontainebleau town to ponder over what you might like to see.
Fontainebleau has plenty of climbing routes to tackle, horse riding and mountain biking trails, and over 300 kilometres of waymarked trails to explore. The Franchard gorges, Apremont rock formations and La Solle hills are a few of the sights to look out for on your travels, while keeping a keen eye out too for forest wildlife such as rabbits, woodpeckers, deer and wild boar.
Just outside Fontainebleau town, the splendid Château de Fontainebleau is also much recommended: this UNESCO World Heritage Site was first a medieval castle and then a royal residence, home to French royalty for centuries.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Île de Boulancourt have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Île de Boulancourt dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Île de Boulancourt? The fab forest of Fontainebleau within easy day trip distance is famed as the former hunting ground of French royalty because of its setting close to Paris. It's been a popular and … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Île de Boulancourt?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: noon