This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful wildlife haven on the banks of the Petite Sauldre
- Opposite an 11th-century château and close to a riverside beach
- Shaded location with play area and pétanque court
Obvs, this Cher site is in a wildlife haven. One of a green and lakeside setting, a peaceful river valley and an 11th-century château in nature-filled fact, so you can have French heritage as well as wildlife-watching days without having to venture too far from your viewsome base.
Squirrels, birds, and butterflies of many species run and flutter around the grounds and surrounds of Camping Paradis Nature, around its riverside setting on the banks of the Petite Sauldre. All this is overseen by the Château de la Chapelle d'Angillon facing the site, an 11th-century fortress enlarged over the centuries and now home to a museum on famed local resident Alain Fournier.
There's loads of room on site for serene strolls (grownups) or more energetic dashing around (kids), alongside spacious and level pitches with plenty of room for your kit and in a choice of sunny or shaded areas. A pétanque court and play area are on site too if the kids need to whizz around just a bit more while their owners get prepped for the evening barbecue.
For more supplies, the town of Chapelle d'Angillon is a kilometre away and a Tuesday market is at Henrichemont, 10 minutes' drive from the site. The nearest restaurants are 15 minutes' drive away.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Excellent site with lovely level pitches with clean facilities.
A must stay at campsite!!!
Very quiet rural very clean toilets,showers and site lovely location …
Excellent site with large pitches. Very clean and very friendly.
What a beautiful site, it's quiet, peaceful but with plenty …
Paradise!! Quiet and beautiful
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
You'll probably want to take a wander around the castle opposite the site in between the wildlife watching and riverside walking: Château de la Chapelle d'Angillon is a popular place that has guided tours all round as well as meals for groups if booked in advance – and weddings, should you be so inclined. A medieval festival is held here during the first week of September.
Elsewhere around the local countryside, you can go trout fishing in the waters of the Petite Sauldre, hike along the local greenway of the old railway line, or settle down for a day among the waters, sands, picnic tables and volleyball court of the nearby riverside beach.
The Loire valley town and white wine vineyards of Sancerre are half an hour's drive to the east. Also recommended are the wineries of Quincy and Menetou-Salon within the same distance, sniffing out the world of perfume at 15th-century Château de Blancafort (25 minutes), or cantering around the countryside via the assistance of the several regional equestrian centres (ask on site for details).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Paradis Nature have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Paradis Nature dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Paradis Nature? You'll probably want to take a wander around the castle opposite the site in between the wildlife watching and riverside walking: Château de la Chapelle d'Angillon is a popular place that has … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Paradis Nature?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.