This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Stunning site in château grounds on the banks of the Allier river
- Auvergne Volcanoes and Livradois regional parks within half an hour
- Restaurant, two pools, sauna, hot tub, and bike and canoe rental
Fancy a getaway where you’ll feel just like royalty? Take your carriage to Juliette Tentvakanties at Camping La Grange Fort, a family-friendly site in the grounds of a stunning château less than five minutes’ drive from Les Pradeaux in the Puy-de-Dôme department of Auvergne.
Wake up in the morning to views of the château, soaking up the peace that comes from an area that sees little tourism. It does deserve it though, and there’s plenty to do round here: within 15 minutes, there are hikes and bikes (rent wheels on site) in Livradois-Forez Natural Regional Park, city days in Issoire, horse riding lessons, and glider tours over the valley and nearby (dormant) volcanoes.
Or you could just stick around on site... there's loads to get stuck into without straying far. Start on the banks of the Allier with rod and line in hand, dive in for a swim or hire canoes and kayaks for watery explores – then return to dry land for sporty afternoons or a tour of the château.
The site team organises rafting, cycling and walking excursions too, so sign up and venture out on an adventure before scurrying back to base to cool off in the indoor or outdoor pool, unwind in the sauna or hot tub (or both…) and have dinner in the brasserie before settling in for an evening pub quiz in the bar.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Interest piqued by that on-site château? Luckily there are plenty hereabouts to satisfy appetites for more: the spectacular Château de Parentignat (nicknamed ‘the little Versailles of the Auvergne’) is just five minutes’ drive away, and Château d’Hauterive, Château de Busséol, Château de la Bâtisse and a handful of others are all well within an hour.
Keep one foot in the past with tours of the cave dwellings of Les Mystères de Farges 40 minutes from base, a walk among dinosaurs at Paléopolis (an hour), and a dive below the surface at the caves of Cornadore and Volvic.
There are plenty of cities, towns and villages demanding attention round here: Issoire is 10 minutes away and has spas, stunning architecture and a supercar track to entertain; the 12th-century church and ‘organ’ cliffs of Usson will hit all the right notes; the casino and museum in Royat are far from a roll of the dice, and Clermont-Ferrand is a must for gardens, markets and a volcano-topping train.
The volcanoes are an absolute must, of course… Auvergne Volcanoes Regional Nature Park is less than half an hour away for paragliding and hikes on Puy de Dôme, fab views from the peak of Puys de Sancy, trains around the volcano’s chimney at Puy de Lemptégy and eruption simulations at Vulcania theme park.
- Does Juliette Tentvakanties at Camping La Grange Fort have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Juliette Tentvakanties at Camping La Grange Fort dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Juliette Tentvakanties at Camping La Grange Fort? Interest piqued by that on-site château? Luckily there are plenty hereabouts to satisfy appetites for more: the spectacular Château de Parentignat (nicknamed ‘the little Versailles of the Auvergne’) is just five minutes’ … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Juliette Tentvakanties at Camping La Grange Fort?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.