This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-run site in the Basque Country between mountains and sea
- Adjoined to a working farm and with spectacular views
- Communal area, games room and playground
You might not be able to say the name of Camping Etchemendigaraya in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques part of the Basque Country, but that'll probably be because you'll be tongue-tied when you see its spectacular views.
This lovely little site adjoined to a working farm is an oh so peaceful place, in a secluded setting surrounded by comely countryside on the edge of the Laka river. It's shaded by oak trees and has spacious green pitches.
No entertainment or bar here, just the sound of the countryside all around and a warm welcome from the friendly family team… The well-kept facilities include an amenities block with sinks, showers, toilets and dishwashing sinks; a washing machine; a playground; a big communal area, and a games room with table football, ping pong and board games.
Hot water and electricity are both available on site.
Tourist board rating
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Small friendly picturesque campsite, with kitchen and common room for …
Most amazing site with friendly staff and amazing views.
See liked comments
Grass pitches, sun or shade
A place full of Happy smiles <3
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Ein bezaubernder Ort, ländlich, ruhig, einfach schön. Sehr freundliche Betreuung. …
Installation propre ,récentes, le patron chaleureux
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Nearby farmers' market
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Lake and/or mountain
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
Coves, cliffs and sandy beaches are located within easy reach of Camping Etchemendigaraya in the nearby towns of Anglet, Saint Jean de Luz, Biarritz and Hendaye for beachy walks, sunbathing, swimming and surfing.
Around the countryside, the old village, cobbled streets and medieval estates of Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port are definite musts (have a look at the town in the site pics); it's on the St James's Way pilgrimage route too for those who fancy a highly scenic wander.
Gourmet fairs are held in town too; if events are your thing, get along also to the Basque Country festivals like those in Bayonne and Pamplona, the Espelette pepper party day (ask the Camping Etchemendigaraya team for details) and the Itxassou cherry festival.
Getting active, many mountain trails are accessible from the site, or you could soar above this spectacular landscape on a paragliding afternoon from Mount Baigura.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||7 p.m.|
Camping Etchemendigaraya cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Local city tax of €0,50 (R10,16) per person per night at least age 18 is not included and must be paid on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Etchemendigaraya have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Etchemendigaraya dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Etchemendigaraya? Coves, cliffs and sandy beaches are located within easy reach of Camping Etchemendigaraya in the nearby towns of Anglet, Saint Jean de Luz, Biarritz and Hendaye for beachy walks, sunbathing, swimming and … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Etchemendigaraya?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon