This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, family-run site in Dordogne with lake and river access
- A 40-minute drive from medieval Périgueux; 75 minutes from Bordeaux
- Free canoe hire and on-site tennis, fishing and outdoor pool
It may be only a petite site, but Pont de Fournil Camping is a place that's got all sorts of Dordogne holiday tastes covered. Need to recharge your batteries? Lounge by the lake or take a dip in the pool. Ready to get up and go? Lace up your trainers and head down to the tennis court, or explore the site's three-acre lake by canoe.
A wide variety of fish live in these waters, but the surrounding country also has much to offer for anglers (stop by at a local tackle shop and ask for a fishing licence if you want to cast your line off-site). Pont de Fournil also has private access to a handsome stretch of the River Isle, making this spot well-suited for guests who dabble in sketching (or simply fancy a waterside amble/snooze).
Kids can frolic in the playground, head to the ping-pong table or join the grown-ups for a game of boules. If they (or mum, or dad) insist on packing their electronic gadgets, there's a handy wifi hut to cater to their needs.
This is a place designed around outdoor living and means that barbecues are welcome (with washing-up facilities available to deal with the dishes), as are well-behaved dogs. The local butcher, baker, grocer and newsagent are a short 10-minute drive away in nearby Saint-Laurent-des-Hommes.
Open from 06/20/2020 to 09/05/2020
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Lake and/or mountain
A good place to get your bearings is at the tourist info office in Mussidan (10 minutes' drive); there's also a weekly market here on Saturday mornings.
Stick with the riverside antics at historic Moulin de Duellas (10 minutes), an old watermill where visitors can take a boat ride along the River Isle (the highlight for many being the passage through the manual lock). Bathers seeking safe and sandy freshwater beaches for a dip should head to Lac de Gurson or Lac Jemaye Regional Park (both 25 minutes); sailing types can also hire dinghies here.
For a touch more history, aim for elegant Château de Montréal (20 minutes), or the tumbledown charm of Château de Barrière (25 minutes). Further afield, Périgueux (with its cathedral, Roman ruins and winding medieval streets) is 40 minutes away, and it's well worth the journey out to Bordeaux (an hour and a quarter), a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||noon –||8 p.m.|
Pont de Fournil Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Pont de Fournil Camping have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Pont de Fournil Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Pont de Fournil Camping? A good place to get your bearings is at the tourist info office in Mussidan (10 minutes' drive); there's also a weekly market here on Saturday mornings. Stick with the riverside antics … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Pont de Fournil Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon