This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Surfer-friendly site 100 metres away from Mal País beach
- Close to the Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve
- Outdoor pool set among 10 acres of landscaped tropical gardens
Everybody go surfing – for sure. You'll only have to tuck your board under your arm for a 100-metre stroll to reach the waves from Mal Pais Surf Camp, in one of the top surfing destinations in Costa Rica.
This surfer-friendly site is in the south-western corner of Península de Nicoya, 10 minutes' drive from the lively Puntarenas Province seaside town and surf setting of Santa Teresa. The stunning beaches and tiptop waves see surfers descend on this region all year round, and other outdoor activities are within easy driving distance, from snorkelling around Tortuga Island to horseback trails to the waterfalls in Montezuma. (And if you're new to balancing on a board? A surf school is also 100 metres away and you can book lessons – and hire boards – right on site.)
You'll have first-rate facilities at your disposal back at base, along with 10 acres of landscaped tropical grounds to wander, lounge around and bunk down in among a lush forest setting. There's a fine big outdoor pool for lazy dips, beside an outdoor gym if you're feeling a tad more energetic, and a book exchange, satellite TV and surf films if you're up for nothing more than idling about.
The site restaurant serves continental breakfasts, tico beans and rice, pancakes, fruits and muesli; snacks like burgers and wraps at lunchtime; and local specialities and vegetarian dishes for dinner. The bar serves fresh fruit and vegetable juices, sodas, cocktails and beers.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Surfing and surf lessons are available 100 metres away, and the surf camp is also within easy reach of the top surf spots of Santa Teresa and Mal País, as well as the small coves and tidal pools along this stretch of coastline.
Take a wander around Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve – Costa Rica's first protected parkland – to spy brown pelicans, ospreys and Costa Rica's largest community of brown boobies. You can also spot land-and tree-based species white-tailed deer, armadillos, anteaters and howler monkeys around the reserve's woodland.
From the main beach within Curu Wildlife Reserve an hour's drive away, take a 10-minute boat ride to Tortuga Island, a popular spot for snorkelling. Or book a horseback hack along the beach or a quad bike tour up to the falls of Montezuma, a beach town in a land of waterfalls and pools.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Mal Pais Surf Camp have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Mal Pais Surf Camp dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Mal Pais Surf Camp? Surfing and surf lessons are available 100 metres away, and the surf camp is also within easy reach of the top surf spots of Santa Teresa and Mal País, as well as … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Mal Pais Surf Camp?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-site accommodation Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: noon