This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Laidback eco site on Costa Rica's biggest peninsula
- A 10-minute walk from Tamarindo town and beach
- Surf lessons, tours, hammock area, bar, kitchen and barbecue
‘A little gem’ is how this splendid Costa Rican site has been described by just one chuffed former guest... have a stay here – for as long as poss – to see the many reasons why.
An eco-friendly and mightily laidback place on the Pacific Coast, Eco-Camping Tamarindo is a place to settle at for a while: it’s a mere couple of hundred metres from a golden beach, runs its own surf school with lessons in surfing and kayaking on Tamarindo Bay's famed waves, and has Costa Rica’s Pura Vida vibe all around. Local town Tamarindo is the biggest developed beach town in the Guanacaste province – its fab clutch of bars, cafés and surf shops are a gentle 10-minute stroll away.
Guests can also take tours or arrange activities straight from the site – there’s yoga or ziplining to try, diving and snorkelling, crocodile tours, dolphin and baby turtle spotting, catamaran rides, trips to volcanoes and hot springs… When the time comes to move on (pffft), Costa Rican capital San José is just over four hours’ drive away.
Need a space to come back down to earth after all that adventure? Hole up in a hammock on site, or stroll over to the barbecue area to poke the coals while clutching a beer. There's also a kitchen area if you'd rather be under cover, and the site's been kitted out with spacious bathrooms housing toilets and showers.
Finally, no need to fret if you don’t speak the local lingo: the amiable team say they’re fluent in Italian, Spanish, English… and chillout.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
I wish I wouldn't pay for this. The worst camping in CR we stayed in!
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Tamarindo town’s a truly laidback place, full of beach pubs, little cocktail bars and other chillout spots to hang out at. Surfers and wannabe surfers flock here to hit Tamarindo Bay’s waves: expert board-wranglers can try out their skills at Pico Pequeño or El Estero while those who need a bit of help with technique can sign up for lessons at one of the local surf shops.
More interested in what’s underneath the waves? There are a couple of scuba diving centres in town, and sport fishing trips can be had too. Meanwhile, those who can’t get enough of the beach days may like to mix things up a bit by heading to one of the many gorgeous sandy stretches nearby – Playa Avellanas, Playa Langosta and Playa Ventanas are some of the popular picks within a half-hour drive.
Want to see a bit of what inland’s got to offer? Detour to Diria National Park (an hour’s drive) for waterfall hikes or chat to activity centres in Tamarindo for guided hikes, horse riding, river tubing, canyoning, ziplining and other pulse-raising ways to spend your days.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Eco-Camping Tamarindo have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Eco-Camping Tamarindo dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Eco-Camping Tamarindo? Tamarindo town’s a truly laidback place, full of beach pubs, little cocktail bars and other chillout spots to hang out at. Surfers and wannabe surfers flock here to hit Tamarindo Bay’s waves: … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Eco-Camping Tamarindo?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 11 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.