This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On 275 acres of wetlands on the Grand River
- Prime location for back bay and light tackle fishing
- Pool, heated recreation room and big night deck overlooking the river
You might have heard once or twice that Canada can have vast and open (and spectacularly scenic) spaces. And so it is with Ontario's Maitland Shores Campground, set on a whopping 275 acres of wetlands on the Grand River.
It's a grand, peaceful and scenic spot at this Haldimand County site, in a prime place for back bay and light tackle fishing, and with access to the angling, diving, watersports and islands of huge Lake Erie, the fourth biggest of the five Great Lakes in North America. The Byng Island Conservation Area, hiking trails and walking paths are all nearby.
Maitland Shores is well set up with activities and facilities on site, with a pool and waterslide, a boat ramp, a volleyball court, horseshoe pits and a play area. There's also a heated recreation hall for special events and activities, which has a 98' deck overlooking the river and lit up in the evening – a tiptop place for unwinding after a day around the Ontario outdoors.
The building near the pool has a laundry room equipped with new washers and dryers and with clean, modern showers and washrooms with heated floors. New washrooms and showers are also in the recreation hall.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Outdoor Ontario options are all around Maitland Shores Campground, from diving in the nearby lake to wandering placidly along the river. The world famed Niagara Falls are a 50-minute drive away.
Shops, restaurants, several golf courses and the well known 50-feet long mudcat statue (known to locals as Muddy) are all at the site's local town of Dunnville. The Grand River running through town is an excellent Ontario locale for fishing, a pastime also popular in the nearby lakes and wetlands.
Vast Lake Erie has enough to do to keep watersports fans and sightseers busy for weeks: you could dive down among its shipwrecks (between 1,400 and 1,800 are estimated to lie on its bed); get out onto the water kayaking or windsurfing; take a dinner cruise; visit one of the many vineyards; bike part of the lake perimeter, or wander a few of the lakeshore public parks.
The Byng Island Conservation Area covers almost 470 acres of open space, forest and farmland and has one of the largest outdoor swimming pools in Ontario. You could also spend the day at James N Allan Park, with a beach, hiking trails, birdwatching spots and kayaking.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Maitland Shores Campground have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Maitland Shores Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Maitland Shores Campground? Outdoor Ontario options are all around Maitland Shores Campground, from diving in the nearby lake to wandering placidly along the river. The world famed Niagara Falls are a 50-minute drive away. Shops, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Maitland Shores Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.