This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Award-winning site on the banks of the Nambucca river
- Five minutes' drive from Macksville and 15 from Coffs coast beaches
- Private fishing jetty, boat ramp, kayak hire and outdoor pool
Fishing, kayaking, waterskiing… might any/all of these be tempting you into a stay right by a river? Nab a break at Nambucca River Tourist Park and you’ll be in a prime position for all of the above, or just taking it easy and watching the waters flow by.
This award-winning site is (as you may have guessed) on the banks of the Nambucca river, between Nambucca Heads and Macksville. Making the most of that location is a cinch – there’s a sizeable wooden jetty on site for folks who like to fish, and a collection of kayaks to launch from the boat ramp. River-based watersports (including waterskiing and wakeboarding) are a few minutes’ drive away in Macksville, which is also your nearest hub for shops, restaurants and the like.
Tempted to dive into the water? Give the river a swerve and head instead for the resort’s shaded outdoor pool. Time spent relaxing around the park might also include trips to the spa and sauna, a few games of carpet bowls, miniature golf and outdoor chess, or perfecting your swing at the golf driving range. Tiddlers, meanwhile, can tire themselves out at the playground of leaping about on the giant jumping pillow.
Evenings bring barbecues, of course – no need to cart your own around, as the indoor/outdoor camp kitchen’s smart setup includes free gas barbies (along with ovens and a hob if you’re after something quicker) and a sociable covered outdoor eating area.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
Leaving the riverside may seem like a bit of a wrench, but there’s so much more to explore. For starters, you couldn’t possibly come this close to the coast and step on the sands. Wannabe wave-riders can learn the art of surf at one of the schools in Scotts Head (20 minutes’ drive), while those seeking something a bit more placid can take to the gorgeous beaches, dunes, mangroves and forests of Gaagal Wanggaan National Park (15 minutes) for hikes, kayak paddles and swims.
Head a little further along the coast for a day out at Coffs Harbour (45 minutes’ drive), home of the Coffs Harbour Butterfly House and the Dolphin Marine Magic aquarium, plus of course the famed Big Banana. As you return to base, stop off in Nambucca Heads to add your artwork to the colourful graffiti on its V Wall.
Inland’s awash with options too: take a waterfall hike at Dorrigo National Park (an hour’s drive), speed through the Way Way State Forest on a mountain bike (20 minutes) or venture to the Valley of the Mist (15 minutes) for canoe trips and traditional bush tucker.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Nambucca River Tourist Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Nambucca River Tourist Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Nambucca River Tourist Park? Leaving the riverside may seem like a bit of a wrench, but there’s so much more to explore. For starters, you couldn’t possibly come this close to the coast and step on … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Nambucca River Tourist Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.