This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Scenic site steps away from the Offa's Dyke path
- Pods on the bank of the River Alyn
- An hour from Snowdonia with many activities close by
Walks on the Offa’s Dyke Path, mountain bike rides in the Clwydian Range Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty… bed down at Bryn Dwr Pods, in the village of Llandegla, for easy access to both.
This gorgeous little north Wales glamping site (little indeed, with just a couple of pods…) is in a fab location just 50 yards from the Offa’s Dyke Path and on the banks of the River Alyn, best viewed with drink in hand from the pod’s decked area, which extends out over the water. A mountain bike centre is a couple of miles away, and folk who choose to pedal their way around the area can stash their bikes safely on site.
When not walking or pedalling, you might like to consider trips to Chester Zoo or to roam around local towns including Ruthin (15 minutes away by car, and also the place for your supermarket supplies), Llangollen and Wrexham.
If you fancy an alfresco evening, the folk here are very happy to you to light up a barbie or snuggle up with drinks by the firepit; a pub is 10 minutes’ walk away if you’d rather cosy up there. Back at base, the pods too are kept cosy with their own heating and lighting; showers, toilets and a washing-up area are a short stroll away in the main house.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great family get away
Julie who owns the pods couldn't do enough for you , very helpful
Great location next to small stream and St. Tecla’s Well. …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Llangollen: Market Street Coach Stop
— 10.5 kilometres
10.5 kilometres Johnstown (Wrexham): Ruabon Rd Coach Stop — 12.2 kilometres
12.2 kilometres Acrefair: Main Rd Coach Stop — 12.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Cefn-y-Bedd Rail Station
— 12.2 kilometres
12.2 kilometres Gwersyllt Rail Station — 12.4 kilometres
12.4 kilometres Caergwrle Rail Station — 12.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 39.2 kilometres
39.2 kilometres Birkenhead Ferry Terminal — 39.8 kilometres
39.8 kilometres Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal — 40.6 kilometres
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 38.4 kilometres
Bryn Dwr is in the village of Llandegla, with lots of activities close by, including stunning walks along the Offa’s Dyke Path, clay pigeon shooting, mountain biking, canoeing and fly fishing. At the nearby bird gardens in Pen-Y-Ffrith (10 minutes’ drive), you can watch the birdies while you meander among woodland streams, pools of trout, waterfalls and a lake and goggle at the lovely views of the Welsh landscape.
It’s an easy trip from here to the brilliant Chester Zoo (35 minutes), whose 110 acres are home to thousands of animals. If little legs won’t cope with getting around it all, take a ride on the monorail or sail through the islands on a boat trip.
Nearby Llangollen (20 minutes) is at its liveliest in Eisteddfod season, when the town is packed with musicians and dancers from around the world. It’s well worth a visit at other times too: daytrippers can take a short chug through the hills on the steam railway, or go for an old-school narrowboat ride, pulled by a horse.
- Chester Castle (24.8 kilometres)
- Cheshire Military Museum (24.9 kilometres)
- Chester Cathedral (25.3 kilometres)
- Chirk Castle (16.0 kilometres)
- Speke Hall, Garden and Estate (37.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Bryn Dwr Pods have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bryn Dwr Pods dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Bryn Dwr Pods? Bryn Dwr is in the village of Llandegla, with lots of activities close by, including stunning walks along the Offa’s Dyke Path, clay pigeon shooting, mountain biking, canoeing and fly fishing. At … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Bryn Dwr Pods?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon