This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet rural site a mile from the amenities of Criccieth
- Within half an hour's drive of Snowdonia and Llyn Peninsula beaches
- Pet-friendly site with dog walking area and colourful gardens
Bring on the beach days, the mountain walks, the castles, the outdoorsy antics – Llwyn Bugeilydd Caravan and Camping Site’s cracking Criccieth location is mighty handy for any combo of the above.
This pretty park (where the owners take pride in their colourful gardens) is a mile away from the town centre and within a few minutes’ drive of the beach, castle, pubs and (essential) chip shop. Energetic sorts can trot down here in 20 minutes or so, and there’s also a bus stop just outside the park gates for lazier (or less clement) days.
Venturing further from site, the setting is within a leisurely half-hour drive of Snowdonia National Park, a cluster of castles and beaches on the Llyn Peninsula, plus open-air activities such as coasteering, sea kayaking, quad biking, golf and tramping on the Wales Coast Path.
All tuckered out and in need of a rest after all the antics? Llwyn Bugeilydd’s peaceful vibe should fit the bill – no noisy activities here to interfere with your relaxing break (although there is a playground and a dog walking area for any lively companions). The smart toilet/shower block is kept spankingly clean, and there’s a launderette to deal with any mucky togs.
Open from 07/16/2020 to 10/31/2020
Open from 04/02/2021 to 10/31/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Very clean facilities, friendly staff
The lovely view and vicinity to Criccith. The village of …
We had a great week!
Clean and well-maintained site. Spacious, level pitches. Friendly.
Small and friendly. very clean. Great helpful staff.
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
Propane/gas cylinders available
Medium (26-50 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Lake and/or mountain
- Coach stations
Criccieth: Lay by Coach Stop
— 1.8 kilometres
1.8 kilometres Tremadoc: The Square Coach Stop — 6.6 kilometres
6.6 kilometres Porthmadog Coach Stop — 7.2 kilometres
- Train stations
Criccieth Rail Station
— 1.9 kilometres
1.9 kilometres Porthmadog Rail Station — 7.1 kilometres
7.1 kilometres Penychain Rail Station — 7.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Barmouth Ferry Landing
— 27.2 kilometres
27.2 kilometres Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing — 27.7 kilometres
27.7 kilometres Aberdaron Ferry Landing — 35.0 kilometres
— 40.7 kilometres
Start your Welsh wanderings in Criccieth – there are often family-friendly events at the 15th-century castle, and there’s a small stretch of beach for paddling. A few minutes out of town, the Lloyd George Museum and Dwyfor Ranch Rabbit Farm and Animal Park are worth a trip.
For more beaches, continue west to the Llyn Peninsula; Porthdinllaen, Abersoch and Pwllheli all have excellent sandy stretches, and there are heaps of coastal antics to get stuck into at activity centres over here.
If you like a hike, you can hit the Wales Coast Path with a stroll of 20 minutes or so, or head to Snowdonia National Park for mountain scrambles or gentler rambles around the lakes and waterfalls. And if that’s all a bit much, there are scenic train rides to be had on the Snowdon Mountain Railway, the Ffestiniog Railway and the Welsh Highland Railway.
For a spot of history and culture, half an hour’s drive will take you to pretty Portmeirion, Caernarfon Castle, Harlech Castle or Porthmadog’s Maritime Museum.
- Criccieth Castle (2.1 kilometres)
- Welsh Highland Railway (Porthmadog) (7.2 kilometres)
- Ffestiniog Railway (7.7 kilometres)
- Plas yn Rhiw (28.4 kilometres)
- Ty^ Mawr Wybrnant (29.6 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Llwyn Bugeilydd Caravan and Camping Site cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 1 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Llwyn Bugeilydd Caravan and Camping Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Llwyn Bugeilydd Caravan and Camping Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Llwyn Bugeilydd Caravan and Camping Site? Start your Welsh wanderings in Criccieth – there are often family-friendly events at the 15th-century castle, and there’s a small stretch of beach for paddling. A few minutes out of town, the … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Llwyn Bugeilydd Caravan and Camping Site?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime