This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Five-acre site overlooking the Vale of Llangollen
- Only half a mile from the beautiful Horseshoe Pass
- An ideal location from which to visit Snowdonia National Park
Abbey Grange Campsite is at the front of The Abbey Grange Hotel and the five-acre site overlooks the Vale of Llangollen.
Surrounded by fields and mountains, the campsite is only 2 miles from the historic market town of Llangollen and half a mile from the beautiful Horseshoe Pass. It provides an ideal location from which to explore the immediate surrounding hills and mountains and also for visiting Snowdonia National Park and the north Wales coast.
Locally at Llangollen, there are horse-drawn canal barges and classic steam railway as well as many outdoor activities such as canoeing, rafting and climbing. The campsite has male and female showers and toilet facilities.
Campers are also welcome to use the hotel facilities such as the restaurant, bar and games room, as well as the outdoor play area.
Find nearby sites with availability…
To generate more results:
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Select the checkbox ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Pay a little extra and stay across the road instead (Abbey Farm)
Megan P. Confirmed
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Small (11-25 sites)
- Coach stations
Llangollen: Market Street Coach Stop
— 2.9 kilometres
2.9 kilometres Froncysyllte: Bus Lay by — 7.8 kilometres
7.8 kilometres Acrefair: Main Rd Coach Stop — 8.6 kilometres
- Train stations
Ruabon Rail Station
— 9.9 kilometres
9.9 kilometres Chirk Rail Station — 10.7 kilometres
10.7 kilometres Wrexham General Rail Station — 14.1 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 46.3 kilometres
46.3 kilometres Birkenhead Ferry Terminal — 47.0 kilometres
47.0 kilometres Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal — 47.7 kilometres
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 44.4 kilometres
- Snowdonia National Park
- North Wales coastline
- Valley Crucis Abbey
- Dinas Bran Castle
- The Horseshoe Falls and Horseshoe Pass
- Chester Castle (29.2 kilometres)
- Cheshire Military Museum (29.3 kilometres)
- Chester Cathedral (29.8 kilometres)
- Chirk Castle (9.3 kilometres)
- Speke Hall, Garden and Estate (43.6 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.