This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Single pod on the banks of Liddel Water on a working sheep farm
- Minutes from 7stanes mountain biking trails
- Clay pigeon shooting on site; abseiling, kayaking and archery nearby
Borders Glamping is a single camping pod site set on the banks of the Liddel Water river on a working sheep farm, three miles from its nearest village, Newcastleton. Spend a day at Kielder Forest Park with its popular reservoir, forest and observatory, go mountain biking along the world-class trails that lie nearby or visit the famed Gretna Green and Hadrian's Wall or any number of the area's monuments.
Your pod comes fully insulated and with a double bed (you'll need to provide your own bedding) and a battery-operated lantern. The amenities available to guests include an eco composting toilet, a hot gas shower and a firepit, all conveniently placed next to your pod. As there's no electricity or heating, the pod is more suitable for guests who like to wild camp.
Clay pigeon shooting is available on site, and there's plenty to do in the immediate area too. The world-class 7stanes mountain bike trails are minutes away, and adjacent to the these are the cross-border routes into Kielder Forest Park to provide a further 28 miles' worth of safe cycling routes and walking trails. Abseiling, kayaking, fencing and archery are also available nearby, and you can hire bikes in neighbouring Newcastleton.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Canonbie: Cross Keys Coach Stop
— 11.4 kilometres
11.4 kilometres Langholm Coach Stop — 11.5 kilometres
11.5 kilometres Longtown (Cumbria) Graham Arms Coach Stop — 17.9 kilometres
- Train stations
Gretna Green Rail Station
— 22.2 kilometres
22.2 kilometres Brampton (Cumbria) Rail Station — 24.6 kilometres
24.6 kilometres Wetheral Rail Station — 28.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Leaplish Ferry Landing
— 18.6 kilometres
18.6 kilometres Belvedere Ferry Landing — 21.1 kilometres
21.1 kilometres Tower Knowe Ferry Landing — 22.2 kilometres
Newcastle International Airport
— 71.8 kilometres
Please note: guests can gain access via Flatt Farm
Nearby attractions include:
- Hermitage Castle: 9 miles
- Kielder Forest Park: 18 miles
- Gretna Green (village): 18 miles
- Hadrian's Wall (Roman monument and UNESCO World Heritage Site): 20 miles
- Kielderhead National Nature Reserve: 23 miles
- Kielder Water (reservoir): 25 miles
- Carlisle (city): 27 miles
- Jedburgh Abbey: 29 miles
- Melrose Abbey: 43 miles
- North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 66 miles
- Alnwick Castle and Garden (castle and complex of formal gardens, including the world's largest treehouse): 70 miles
- Northumberland Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 81 miles.
- World Famous Old Blacksmith's Shop Centre (21.8 kilometres)
- Birdoswald Roman Fort (21.9 kilometres)
- Carlisle Castle (28.5 kilometres)
- Hadrian's Wall and Housesteads Fort (35.0 kilometres)
- Allen Banks and Staward Gorge (36.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Borders Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Borders Glamping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Borders Glamping? Nearby attractions include: - Hermitage Castle: 9 miles - Kielder Forest Park: 18 miles - Gretna Green (village): 18 miles - Hadrian's Wall (Roman monument and UNESCO World Heritage Site): 20 miles … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Borders Glamping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.