This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
We are Dave & Jessie Ambridge and moved to the beautiful Borders area of Scotland in 2005. We live in the 'wee half-a-hoos' called Mosspaul Bothy. We have extensive gardens which we are proud of and thought it would be nice to offer this stunning location to some campers. Cycle, backpack, bus or car campers, you will find a warm welcome at Mosspaul
Exclusive adults-only tent camping: a maximum of four plots is ever occupied.
Mosspaul Camping is just that little bit different. We offer a seven plot site, each with its own garden and view, giving privacy and a space of your own. We are snuggled in the Teviot Hills near the A7 and have easy access for the bus route to Carlisle and Edinburgh. The Mosspaul Inn is on the doorstep for good food and a drink if you want it. The Old Muckle Toon of Langholm is ten miles south and the Historic town of Hawick just 12 miles north. Mosspaul is a walkers' paradise.
Seven individual garden plots to choose from with a maximum of four ever used. This gives the last to arrive a choice and allows the ground to rest. Each plot has its own exclusive area of garden.
- 7 electric hook-ups available
- Separate toilet compartment with wash basin, hot and cold water, free soap, paper towels, mirror, shaver socket 110v-240v
- Toilet emptying point (if you have your own)
- Shower room
- Washing up facility/vege preparation, hot and cold water
- Communal BBQ area
- Cycle security
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Public transportation nearby
Leave the car at home
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Langholm Coach Stop
— 15.6 kilometres
15.6 kilometres Hawick: Horse Coach Stop — 18.2 kilometres
18.2 kilometres Canonbie: Cross Keys Coach Stop — 23.6 kilometres
- Train stations
Lockerbie Rail Station
— 31.8 kilometres
31.8 kilometres Gretna Green Rail Station — 32.7 kilometres
32.7 kilometres Annan Rail Station — 39.5 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Leaplish Ferry Landing
— 28.5 kilometres
28.5 kilometres Belvedere Ferry Landing — 30.5 kilometres
30.5 kilometres Tower Knowe Ferry Landing — 32.4 kilometres
— 78.0 kilometres
We are very easy to find: halfway between Langholm and Hawick on the A7 and just behind the Mosspaul Inn. From Hawick, head south and continue for about 12.5 miles on the A7. The entrance will be on your right.
Hawick, right in the middle of the Cashmere Trail, is ideal for shopping. Why not visit the Hawick Cashmere Company and learn how it's all done?
Visit the famous Mansfield Rugby Park or support the local team over the weekend.
The 18-hole Hawick Golf Club, the oldest golf club in the Scottish Borders and with spectacular views, is also a short drive away.
- World Famous Old Blacksmith's Shop Centre (32.3 kilometres)
- Birdoswald Roman Fort (39.6 kilometres)
- Carlisle Castle (43.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Mosspaul Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Mosspaul Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Mosspaul Camping? Hawick, right in the middle of the Cashmere Trail, is ideal for shopping. Why not visit the Hawick Cashmere Company and learn how it's all done? Visit the famous Mansfield Rugby Park ... Read more