This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Luxurious canvas accommodation in a secluded Surrey field
- A 15-minute drive from Guildford; 20 minutes from Godalming
- Smart, fully-furnished bell tents on a natural three-acre site
Ready to embrace the alfresco lifestyle? Do it in style at this peaceful three-acre site in scenic Surrey.
As the name suggests, The Field Affair is in a secluded field of its own… but how many fields have you previously come across with fairy lights, tripod barbecue grills and tree kitchens? (Did a double take when you read that last one? Have a look at the site pics.) And when you're not in the mood for sorting food early in the morn, going for one of The Field Affair's meat or veggie farmhouse breakfast hampers could very well be the way forward.
These well-presented tents are furnished with plush interiors, as well as access to smart toilets and a discreet outdoor shower. There's also a small honesty shop on site in case you find yourself running low on basics like milk or firelighters.
The Field Affair is around half a mile from Wood Street Village, where cosy countrified features like the village green and pub are likely to make a welcome addition to your stay. The village is also on the Christmas Pie Trail, a festively-named footpath worth wandering on all year round.
Need to call in at bigger shops or supermarkets? You'll find all that, plus a cinema and a castle, in Guildford (15 minutes' drive).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Little oasis of calm in Surrey
Excellent site, highly recommended to families and couples
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitizing stations
Meal delivery to unit/site/outdoor seated area
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.1 kilometres
3.1 kilometres Bus Station — 8.4 kilometres
8.4 kilometres Kingsmead Bus Termini — 8.8 kilometres
- Train stations
Wanborough Rail Station
— 2.2 kilometres
2.2 kilometres Guildford Rail Station — 4.7 kilometres
4.7 kilometres Ash Rail Station — 5.1 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Weybridge Ferry Landing
— 19.1 kilometres
19.1 kilometres Shepperton Ferry Landing — 19.1 kilometres
19.1 kilometres Moulsey - Hurst Park Ferry Landing — 26.0 kilometres
London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
— 26.3 kilometres
26.3 kilometres London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 — 26.5 kilometres
26.5 kilometres London Heathrow Airport Terminal 3 — 26.9 kilometres
Start off in Guildford (15 minutes' drive) if you've not quite decided on the kind of day you want to have: here there's a castle, a cathedral, a fab leisure centre with a pool and wave machines and a bustling high street that you can move between as the mood takes you. Godalming (20 minutes) is another good pick if you fancy pootling around town, especially if you book yourself onto a horse-drawn narrowboat cruise along the river Wey.
Surrey's clement climate has helped make this part of the Home Counties into a hub for English wine. Fancy trying a glass before bagging a bottle (or, if you're particularly keen, a case)? Make for Greyfriars Vineyard (15 minutes) for a tour and top-rated cellar-door sales. Vines aren't the only plant to do well in these mild climes, though – venture out to RHS Garden Wisley (15 minutes) and you'll be rewarded with glasshouses, a walled garden, lily ponds and Britain's national heather collection.
Kids who've joined you for the ride, meanwhile, can get up to mischief as they dart between the trees at Winkworth Arboretum (25 minutes), while those with an inclination for all things feathered are likely to be captivated at Birdworld (25 minutes).
- RHS Garden Wisley (13.4 kilometres)
- Birdworld (16.1 kilometres)
- The Look Out Discovery Centre (16.3 kilometres)
- River Wey and Godalming Navigations and Dapdune Wharf (4.5 kilometres)
- Shalford Mill (6.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Field Affair have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Field Affair dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Field Affair? Start off in Guildford (15 minutes' drive) if you've not quite decided on the kind of day you want to have: here there's a castle, a cathedral, a fab leisure centre with … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Field Affair?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.