This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small back to basics site on a spacious Cumbria farm
- A five-minute drive from Torver and 10 from Coniston village
- Pick your own pitch; pub two miles away
Torver Campsite is a small, friendly site within a farm in a quiet corner of Cumbria five minutes’ drive from Torver and 10 minutes from Coniston.
From here it’s easy to get out to some of the finest spots in the Lake District – not just Coniston Water and the Old Man of Coniston but also Hawkshead, Hill Top and Windermere. There are lots of quieter lakes, footpaths and fells around if you’d like to get away from the crowds, and you can drive to the coast in about half an hour if you’re after a change of scenery.
Life on site is pretty straightforward: you need simply turn up and pick whatever pitch you like the look of in the huge field. Portable toilets (cleaned daily) and clean water are provided but you’ll need to bring along anything else you need. There’s a pub a couple of miles away and plenty of places to pick up food or settle in for drinks and meals in Coniston village.
Open from 07/01/2020 to 11/01/2020
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Superb view Clean toilets
The view. Stunning 👌
Great, good for friends as we didn’t disrupt anyone having space
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
- Coach stations
Ambleside: Bus Shelter, King Street
— 15.5 kilometres
15.5 kilometres Grasmere Coach Stop — 15.6 kilometres
15.6 kilometres Windermere: Rail Station Coach Stop — 15.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Foxfield Rail Station
— 9.8 kilometres
9.8 kilometres Kirkby-in-Furness Rail Station — 11.5 kilometres
11.5 kilometres Green Road Rail Station — 12.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Sunny Bank (Coniston) Ferry Landing
— 2.9 kilometres
2.9 kilometres Torver (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 4.0 kilometres
4.0 kilometres Water Park (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 4.0 kilometres
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 109.0 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Coniston Water: 10 minutes
- Old Man of Coniston: 15 minutes
- Hawkshead: 20 minutes
- Hill Top (Beatrix Potter house): 25 minutes
- Grizedale Forest: half an hour
- Windermere (west shores): half an hour
- Stanley Ghyll Waterfall: 40 minutes
- Hardknott Roman Fort: 45 minutes.
- Beatrix Potter Gallery (9.7 kilometres)
- Hill Top (10.6 kilometres)
- Lakeland Motor Museum (12.1 kilometres)
- Gondola' (5.5 kilometres)
- Coniston and Tarn Hows (7.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Torver Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Torver Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Torver Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Torver Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Torver Campsite? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Coniston Water: 10 minutes - Old Man of Coniston: 15 minutes - Hawkshead: 20 minutes - Hill Top (Beatrix Potter house): 25 minutes - Grizedale Forest: … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Torver Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.