This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Open all year round the lodge is a single story rustic style building constructed in the 80's. We offer 10 rooms - 9 en-suite & 1 with facilities immediately adjacent to the room. We have a mix of double - twin and large family rooms which we can reconfigure to meet client needs. Set in our own grounds with ample parking and facility to securely store bicycles.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Leave the car at home
- Coach stations
Haydon Bridge: Bridge End Bus Stop
— 8.7 kilometres
8.7 kilometres Hexham Bus Station — 13.2 kilometres
13.2 kilometres Haltwhistle: Market Place Bus Stop — 15.2 kilometres
- Train stations
Haydon Bridge Rail Station
— 8.9 kilometres
8.9 kilometres Bardon Mill Rail Station — 10.4 kilometres
10.4 kilometres Hexham Rail Station — 13.7 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Tower Knowe Ferry Landing
— 34.1 kilometres
34.1 kilometres Belvedere Ferry Landing — 36.0 kilometres
36.0 kilometres Leaplish Ferry Landing — 36.6 kilometres
Newcastle International Airport
— 38.6 kilometres
The lodge is situated 2 miles north of the village of Haydon Bridge and 1 1/2 miles from Hadrian's wall. There are regular buses and trains to the village from Newcastle and Carlisle. The main road to the south is the A69 & to the north is the B6318 (military road).
The main attractions are Hadrian's Wall and the forts at Housesteads and Vindolanda and the many other associated temples and ruins. Just south of us is the village of Haydon Bridge offering good transport links & rural shopping, 2 miles further south is Langley Castle one of the most popular wedding venues in Northumberland. Hexham is 8 miles to the east of us and sports a busy leisure centre with the main focus of the town being Hexham Abbey, founded in AD674 by St Wilfrid. The lodge offers a number of challenge activities for groups in addition to the free activities such as Archery, Fishing, Metal Detecting and Geocaching available to guests staying more than one night.
- Vindolanda (Chesterholm) Hadrian's Wall (12.3 kilometres)
- Hadrian's Wall Path National Trail (13.0 kilometres)
- Housesteads Roman Fort (13.8 kilometres)
- Allen Banks and Staward Gorge (9.0 kilometres)
- Hadrian's Wall and Housesteads Fort (13.4 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Hadrian Lodge have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hadrian Lodge dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hadrian Lodge? The main attractions are Hadrian's Wall and the forts at Housesteads and Vindolanda and the many other associated temples and ruins. Just south of us is the village of Haydon Bridge offering ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Hadrian Lodge?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon