This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Medieval glamping
- Sleep like a real king
- Wonderful settings and castle views
Sleep like a king at Mettingham Castle Lodge and Castleview Vacations just outside Bungay in Suffolk: they even come complete with castle views.
The roomy and toasty tents here each have a bench and table as outside seating and are on private decking with a gas barbecue. All have woodburning stoves and are a short walk away from the showers and loos.
Mettingham Castle Lodge is about 14 acres in size and guests are very welcome to walk around its fields to meet the Mettingham menagerie, consisting of Tamworth pigs, Norfolk and Suffolk sheep, goats, rare breed hens, horses and exceedingly friendly Kunekune pigs.
When it's time to fire up the barbie, the Mettingham farm shop can sort dinner goodies directly to your tent, from a range of home-reared meat, fresh eggs, seasonal vegetables and homemade chutney and jams. We're pleased to report that local wine and cider can be delivered too.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Touring and motorhomes
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Bungay: Earsham Street Coach Stop
— 2.5 kilometres
2.5 kilometres Beccles: Old Market Coach Stop — 6.7 kilometres
6.7 kilometres Harleston (Norfolk): Broad St Coach Stop — 12.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Beccles Rail Station
— 7.0 kilometres
7.0 kilometres Brampton (Suffolk) Rail Station — 7.6 kilometres
7.6 kilometres Halesworth Rail Station — 11.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Reedham Ferry South
— 13.7 kilometres
13.7 kilometres Reedham Ferry North — 13.7 kilometres
13.7 kilometres Southwold Ferry Landing — 19.8 kilometres
Norwich International Airport
— 28.1 kilometres
The purty Georgian town of Bungay is a mile and a quarter from Mettingham Castle Lodge and Castleview Vacations and, fittingly for proximity to a site with medieval tents, is steeped in history and has its own castle. Bungay and Waveney Valley Golf Club is there too for those who want to tee off, and there are also seven pubs, one with its own medieval banqueting hall and one with a microbrewery...
The closest beaches and coastlines are at lovely Lowestoft and Southwold, about 12 and 15 miles away respectively; Lowestoft first, we think, for its lighthouse, museums and the most easterly location in the UK at Ness Point.
At Southwold, the amusement pier stretches out from a sand and shingle beach edged by wooden chalets and a promenade; putting greens and boating ponds are here too and are enjoyed by families. For a quieter and more secluded beach, go to the shingle of Denes Beach next to the River Blyth where there are good walks, dune climbs and beaut views over the estuary.
You could also learn to sail or canoe at Oulton Broad Water Sports Centre (sustainability courses are also available locally), or drive 15 miles to the museums, old buildings and excellent shops of medieval Norwich.
- Somerleyton Hall and Gardens (16.2 kilometres)
- Fritton Lake Country World (16.4 kilometres)
- Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery (23.4 kilometres)
- Elizabethan House Museum (24.8 kilometres)
- Horsey Windpump (35.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Mettingham Castle Lodge and Castleview Vacations have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Mettingham Castle Lodge and Castleview Vacations dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Mettingham Castle Lodge and Castleview Vacations? The purty Georgian town of Bungay is a mile and a quarter from Mettingham Castle Lodge and Castleview Vacations and, fittingly for proximity to a site with medieval tents, is steeped in … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Mettingham Castle Lodge and Castleview Vacations?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.