This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Exclusive accommodation on a peaceful private estate
- On the edge of Heartwood Forest; 15 minutes' drive from St Albans
- Luxurious bell tent with kingsize bed and plush interiors
As swish stays under canvas go, this handsome Hertfordshire glamping spot is quite a corker: a single secluded tent is set on a 102-acre estate 15 minutes' drive from St Albans, where you'll only have sheep and the odd llama for neighbours.
Hillend Farm Heartwood is on the edge of Heartwood Forest, an 800-acre wildwood with tons of trails to tread. The accommodation is located in a prime grassland spot that overlooks hills dotted with native trees (make sure to bring a pair of binoculars, as foxes, larks and other beasties are known to roam these parts).
The interior of the tent is decked out safari-style, with thick rugs for comfort underfoot and gorgeous lighting. The sleeping arrangements come in the form of a comfy kingsize bed, with a sofa bed sorted for parties of more than two. Tea and coffee facilities are included, as is outdoor furniture where you can sit and survey the splendid surrounds (the alfresco seating options also come in handy when lighting up a barbecue).
Toilets and showers are 120 metres away at the main house; a laundry service can be sorted by arrangement. This site is as private as they come, but the friendly owners are on hand to help throughout your stay and to direct you to their favourite local haunts.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
From the manager...
Thank you so much for the kind words - we thoroughly enjoyed hosting you - and the Pool was unavailable on the Friday, as it was being treated, for which we apologise. Once again, thanks for the review, and we really are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
St Albans: St Peters Street Coach Stop
— 4.5 kilometres
4.5 kilometres Hatfield (Herts): The Galleria Coach Stop — 5.9 kilometres
5.9 kilometres Welwyn Garden City: Bus Station — 7.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Harpenden Rail Station
— 3.8 kilometres
3.8 kilometres St Albans Rail Station — 4.6 kilometres
4.6 kilometres St Albans Abbey Rail Station — 5.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
— 33.9 kilometres
33.9 kilometres Savoy Pier — 34.1 kilometres
34.1 kilometres Embankment Pier — 34.2 kilometres
London Luton Airport
— 10.8 kilometres
10.8 kilometres London Heathrow Airport — 36.6 kilometres
36.6 kilometres London Heathrow Airport Terminal 1 — 36.7 kilometres
To the untrained eye, the grand oaks and bluebell glades of Heartwood Forest (a few minutes' walk from site) look a lot like ancient woodland. In fact, most of this place was farmland not so long ago (hence why you'll be asked to stick to the paths and allow the saplings space to put down roots). Horse riders, joggers, cyclists and walkers are all welcome to ramble here.
St Albans (15 minutes' drive), in contrast, is a place of proper history. This ancient Roman city is home to an impressive cathedral (highlights include its renowned rose window and medieval wall paintings) and the Verulamium Museum (a showcase of local artefacts from 2000 years ago). There are also plenty of leafy spots near the town centre like Verulamium Park, where you can take lakeside strolls and peruse open-air Roman ruins.
This site's friendly llama answers to the name of Des – if his antics have you in the mood for more animal encounters, head to Whipsnade (25 minutes) to explore Britain’s biggest zoo. Fancy some mythical creatures instead? Warner Bros. Studios Tour London (25 minutes) – a.k.a Harry Potter World – is within easy reach.
- Cathedral and Abbey Church of St Alban (5.0 kilometres)
- Willows Farm Village (7.6 kilometres)
- Hatfield House (7.9 kilometres)
- Shaw's Corner (5.7 kilometres)
- Whipsnade Tree Cathedral (16.6 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Hillend Farm Heartwood have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hillend Farm Heartwood dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Hillend Farm Heartwood? To the untrained eye, the grand oaks and bluebell glades of Heartwood Forest (a few minutes' walk from site) look a lot like ancient woodland. In fact, most of this place was … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hillend Farm Heartwood?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.