This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family-friendly site on a working farm in rural Herefordshire
- A 25-minute drive from Hereford and 40 from Gloucester and Worcester
- Hiking haven: Wye Valley and Malvern Hills within 20 minutes’ drive
When picturing your hols, do you see yourself striding purposefully across moors and pretty landscapes, soaking up views and filling up on brisk fresh air? If yes (and if no), make immediate tracks for Moorend Farm Campsite, a family-friendly site 15 minutes’ drive from the Herefordshire town of Ledbury.
This is a rambler’s paradise: the site is roughly midway between the Wye Valley and Malvern Hills Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (about 20 minutes from each), so there are plenty of walking trails – and hiking and biking routes – within easy reach.
For anyone who doesn’t live for lengthy wanders, there’s loads else to do hereabouts too. Newbridge Farm Park 10 minutes down the road is a top pick for those on hol with kids, and grownups travelling without offspring can have more adult days on tours and tastings at Westons Cider Mill, and at Three Choirs Gloucestershire and Lovells vineyards, all within 25 minutes.
When quiet days of peaceful contemplation (read: ‘lazing about’) are called for, there’s plenty of room on site to spread out, walk and play, as well as lots of fields around the farm for letting kids (and dogs) get energy out. Hungry? Head into Hereford (25 minutes) to nab supplies at the shop, for a barbecue back at base.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Lovely campsite, clean toilets and shower. Level pitches with plenty ...
Both the staff and site were incredible, clean toilets and showers.
Perfect place- don’t go as we liked it for ourselves!
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Propane/gas cylinders available
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Ledbury: Memorial Coach Stop
— 8.5 kilometres
8.5 kilometres Hereford: Country Bus Station Commercial Rd — 12.3 kilometres
12.3 kilometres Malvern Wells: Hanley Rd Coach Stop — 14.0 kilometres
- Train stations
Ledbury Rail Station
— 7.9 kilometres
7.9 kilometres Colwall Rail Station — 11.9 kilometres
11.9 kilometres Hereford Rail Station — 12.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 39.0 kilometres
39.0 kilometres Lydney Harbour — 40.5 kilometres
— 32.6 kilometres
History buffs should find it quite easy to dig into the past hereabouts. Spectacular Eastnor Castle 20 minutes’ drive away has an arboretum to explore, a lake to wander around, a maze to get lost in and occasional sword fights to get involved in, and the fab Goodrich Castle, Brockhampton Estate and Tewkesbury Abbey are all within about half an hour.
Prefer to be out and about in nature? Well-timed stays will land guests in the area in time to make the most of the autumn-flowering gardens at Picton 20 minutes away, while other stays can have everyone all a-flutter on the way to the Wye Valley Butterfly Zoo half an hour away. Not taking the bait? Opt instead for a slice of bank at the Broad Oak Trout Lakes or Leigh Sinton Fisheries, both within 25 minutes.
For a taste of traditional urban England, head into Ledbury (15 minutes), where cobbled streets and black and white timber-framed buildings give a feel of stepping back in time – just be sure to seek out the market house...
The bigger towns of Hereford, Gloucester and Worcester are within easy reach (none further than 40 minutes) too, and are top spots for festivals, stunning cathedrals, and bars, restaurants and shops. Still not doing the job? Birmingham is an hour and a half from base.
- Eastnor Castle (10.8 kilometres)
- Malvern Hills (14.5 kilometres)
- Goodrich Castle (23.5 kilometres)
- Brockhampton Estate (13.8 kilometres)
- The Weir (19.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Moorend Farm Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Moorend Farm Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Moorend Farm Campsite? History buffs should find it quite easy to dig into the past hereabouts. Spectacular Eastnor Castle 20 minutes’ drive away has an arboretum to explore, a lake to wander around, a maze ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Moorend Farm Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: Anytime