This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- A 75-acre woodland park a mile from Old Orchard beach
- 20 minutes' drive from Kennebunk for whale-watching boat trips
- Four pools, hot tubs, fishing, sports and aerial adventure course
When the folks at Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground named their park, they really meant it – it covers a whopping 75 acres, with over 30 of those a proper undeveloped wilderness (albeit with handy hiking trails to ensure you can explore safely).
So, out in the middle of nowhere are we? Nope: it’s a mere five-minute drive to the attractions, shops, restaurants and sandy beach of Old Orchard from Wild Acres, and 10 minutes to Camp Ells, two waterparks and the Ferry Beach State Park.
Not that you’ll actually have to stray from the grounds to get your kicks, as there are facilities to keep the family amused for hours, days and weeks... for starters, when you can’t face the epic five-minute drive to the beach, the aquatic area awaits for sunbathing as well as swims in the four pools... or you may prefer to soak in one of the hot tubs – there are four of these too, including one that seats a sociable 22 bubble-seekers.
Miniature golf, volleyball, basketball, horseshoes and shuffleboard are to hand for gentle competitions; if you can’t talk your own companions into playing, you’ll often find games being organised in summer as part of the activities schedule. There's also catch and release fishing at the Wild Acres pond, and ziplining at the aerial adventure course for the truly tough.
The entertainment pavilion and clubhouse buzz with activities galore in summer – crafts, games, open-air movies and cartoons and theme weekends among others. Old Orchard Beach has an array of restaurants for eating out, or there are a couple a few minutes’ walk from the campground if you fancy stretching your legs.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Outdoor pool nearby
It’s highly likely that your first outing will be to the beach – and what a beach it is. Seven miles of sands, a boardwalk and a pier with shops, restaurants and arcades (and live music concerts and fireworks displays in summer). The beachfront Palace Playland Park has fairground rides for all ages, and there are a couple of other amusement parks close by too.
If you fancy getting out on the water, head down to Camp Ellis 10 minutes away to hire jetskis and kayaks or to join a boat outing. Aquatic antics of the pool-based variety are plentiful around here too, with the family-friendly waterparks of Aquaboggan and Funtown Splashtown both around a 10-minute drive.
Land-based outings nearby include rounds of golf at the Dunegrass course five minutes away, and coastal hikes at Ferry Beach State Park, 10 minutes’ drive away.
- Does Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground? It’s highly likely that your first outing will be to the beach – and what a beach it is. Seven miles of sands, a boardwalk and a pier with shops, restaurants and … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Wild Acres RV Resort and Campground?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – midnight Depart by: 11 a.m.