This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Sleep under the Northern Lights on the shores of Lake Juvuln
- Canoe and rowing boat rental
- Café, barbecue hut, communal kitchen and well-stocked shop
Just look at those Northern Lights. From September onwards, guests at in Sweden's Jämtland county will be able to sleep right under these enviable and world-famed illuminations, in spectacular natural settings on the shores of Lake Juvuln – this is very much a place where you'll want a decent camera.
You'll find the place illuminating if you're a foodie too, as the site's local town of Järpen is home to the eaterie Fäviken, named in 2012 as one of the world's 50 best restaurants and as one of the planet's top ten in 2012 (you'll be served a full 14 courses if you eat here, as well as appetisers). On site, the friendly team dishes up pizza, burgers, waffles and other light meals as well as tea and coffee to have in its café or on the little terrace.
also has canoe and rowing boat rental (handily as it's right on the lakeside shores), a big playground, a barbecue hut and a small communal kitchen with a washing-up area, a stove and a fridge. Board games are available at the café.
The well-stocked shop, open daily, sells daily basics like bread, milk and fresh eggs; souvenirs, ice cream, tobacco, magazines, fishing equipment and basics in its small chemist corner. Freshly-baked bread can also be ordered.
Other facilities include modern individual wetrooms with free hot showers, a laundry room with a washing machine and tumble dryer, and electric sockets to charge small devices. There's also limited wifi.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Activities of all sorts are all around , from wild swimming in summer to cross country skiing in the colder months. Events, festivals and flea markets run regularly in the surrounding towns.
Pack the hiking boots for some scenic walks in the nearby mountains and climb the Suljätten mountain for a picnic in a spectacular landscape – a camera will be very much needed here too... You could also hire a bike in reception and explore the Kallbygden; take a trip around the Juvuln Lake (60km), or stop by for a visit to the local caves and their ancient paintings.
Fishing is also popular in the area: just hire a rowing boat at the campsite and try your luck – you might even land your own dinner and sizzle it up smokily on the barbecue...?
- Does Kallsedets Fjällcenter have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Kallsedets Fjällcenter dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Kallsedets Fjällcenter? Activities of all sorts are all around , from wild swimming in summer to cross country skiing in the colder months. Events, festivals and flea markets run regularly in the surrounding towns. … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Kallsedets Fjällcenter?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon