This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Within walking distance of the Playa de Peizás
- Close to the old fishing town of Foz
- Restaurant, shop and free wifi
What a beaut beach – and within easy strolling distance of your Spanish seaside pitch too.
Camping San Rafael in the Galician province of Lugo is bang close to the Playa de Peizás, part of the 15 kilometres of spectacular white sands around the old fishing town of Foz, San Rafael's local centre: come here to bask on the beach, hire a bike on site and pedal along the beaut coastal paths or dive straight in among the waves with a surf lesson…
After all that, amble gently back to base to sip a glass of wine or have some Spanish specialties or international nosh on the terrace of the site restaurant, or pick up a newspaper and fresh bread and pastries from the San Rafael grocery shop.
Amenities include toilet blocks with free hot showers, a laundry room and a washing-up area. Free wifi is available throughout the site.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
That beaut beach is one of the white sandy stretches at Foz, three kilometres from San Rafael. The town was once a fishing village and is now a popular tourist place on the Lugo coast, for its beaches including Rapadoira, Llas, Peizás and Arealonga, and its ancient buildings such as the Basilica of San Martin de Mondoñedo, possibly the oldest cathedral in Spain. The estuary near Foz is a tiptop spot for watersports and birdwatching.
See also old old Mondoñedo (15km) with its cathedral and museum, the splendid views from the Mirador de San Roque, and the town of Ribadeo (also 15km), with many an old building including the decidedly odd 1905 house the Torre de los Moreno, the parish church of Santa María do Campo, and the ruins of an ancient Franciscan convent.
The old walls and Romanesque buildings of Viveiro are also well worth a look; if you're around in spring, a must is Viveiro's carnival from the Saturday before Lent until Shrove Tuesday...
- Does Camping San Rafael have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping San Rafael dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping San Rafael? That beaut beach is one of the white sandy stretches at Foz, three kilometres from San Rafael. The town was once a fishing village and is now a popular tourist place on … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping San Rafael?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 9 a.m. – 11:30 p.m. Depart by: noon