This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Leafy site with direct access to sandy beach on banks of the Zêzere
- Scenic Serras de Aire e Candeeiros Nature Park within 20 minutes
- Watersports, outdoor cooking area and wifi on site
Winding cobbled streets, scenic river views and a dash (or two) of history… Felicidade, não? If you’re shouting ‘sim’ (that’s yes, natch), park up for a stay at Parque de Campismo de Constância, a family-friendly site in the small town of Constância in Santarém.
Overlooking the Zêzere, the site has direct access to a sandy beach on the riverbanks, so lazy days of soaking up the sun, building sandcastles or taking riverside strolls are within easy reach. All too sedate for active aqua types? Opt instead for canoeing out on the water to get a different perspective of the town.
The site is well placed for landlubbers too, who can wander the alleys of Constância, following cobbled routes to the islet-bound Castelo de Almourol, the Centro Ciência and planetarium, the Luís de Camões gardens and the Museo dos Rios e das Artes Marítimes – or time stays just right to be around for April’s Boa Viagem festival, when the entire place is decorated with paper flowers.
There are plenty of eateries hereabouts where trying local bites is a must, but if cravings for the more familiar rear their heads there’s a supermarket a quick stroll away and a shared outdoor cooking area on site for ‘home’-cooked meals.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Active types will want to make immediate tracks for Green Roc.pt, 15 minutes’ drive from the site, where canoeing, canyoning and caving are just the start… And that’s not all that’ll keep energy flowing hereabouts: there’s a paintballing centre less than 20 minutes away, and caves, castles and dino footprints are waiting to be stumbled upon on the trails and roads of the nearby Parque Natural das Serras de Aire e Candeeiros.
History interests that were piqued by castles and museums in Constância will have plenty to fill their days in the area – close at hand are the stunning 12th-century Castelo de Tomar, the national transport museum, some Roman ruins and a megalithic dolmen tomb, while the cathedral and castle of Leiria, the fab Biblioteca Joanina in Coimbra and the Marinha Grande Glass Museum are a bit of a longer jaunt.
But what to do with the kids? Budding zoologists can be entertained among the butterflies at Borboletário Tropical, 15 minutes from base, and if longer car journeys are on the cards, Norpark waterpark is an hour away in Nazaré and is rather close to a splashingly good beach on the Atlantic.
When city days are called for – when that credit card is dying to be used – a trip to Santarém is an easy 40 minutes’ drive, and Portugal’s spectacular capital of Lisbon is a little under an hour and a half away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Parque de Campismo de Constância have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Parque de Campismo de Constância dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Parque de Campismo de Constância? Active types will want to make immediate tracks for Green Roc.pt, 15 minutes’ drive from the site, where canoeing, canyoning and caving are just the start… And that’s not all that’ll keep … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Parque de Campismo de Constância?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 8:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 3 p.m.