This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful and remote park six kilometres from the Spanish border
- Countryside wildlife haven among spectacular scenery
- Pool, snack bar and picnic spots among the trees
If you seek a busy site with endless entertainment events and a sprawling set of facilities, the Parque de Campismo do Freixial team says this, just maybe, is not the site for you. But as this amiable lot also point out, this is def not a disappointment – as you'll see for yourself when you set eyes on these stunning surroundings and roam around for your first secluded spot from which to hear... not very much at all.
Campismo do Freixial is in central Portugal's Castelo Branco District, in a remote and rural location six kilometres from the Spanish border. As you might reckon, it's all rightly peaceful here, in a wildlife haven with countryside views and blazing spring and summer colours in the surrounding landscape. Fret not though if you want to top up on the Portuguese wine a time or two during your stay, as this secluded setting is still only five minutes' drive from its local village Aranhas and 15 minutes from the town of Penamacor.
This is a place for lazing around at, either under the shade of trees pitchside, via gentle strolls around the grounds, or by placid drifting in the pool on a scorching summer day. Or settle down with rod and bait for some fishing in the river flowing past the grounds: accompanying siesta very much an option too.
Campismo do Freixial also has a snack bar and free wifi.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Large (51-200 sites)
Outdoor pool nearby
As the team also rightly points out, the best options to get up to in the surrounding area are the countryside walks all around: ask on site for recommendations. More walks as well as wildlife watching are easily at your disposal at the Serra da Malcata nature reserve about 45 minutes' drive to the north.
Take some time in Penamacor too, for the town museum telling the story of the region – and its wildlife – from prehistoric times onwards, and then drive on to other old settlements of the region, such as Salvador 15 minutes away, Monsanto (20 minutes), set among massive mountain boulders, and Idanha-a-Nova, one of the oldest towns in the country. District capital Castelo Branco has the Jardim do Paço Episcopal (Garden of the Episcopal Palace) as its main highlight, one of the most famed public gardens in Portugal.
From Fundão, 50 minutes away, access Portugal's biggest conservation area the Serra da Estrela Natural Park, as well as climbing and hiking in the park and the city surrounds, and sliding down slopes at the Vodafone Ski Resort.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Parque de Campismo do Freixial have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Parque de Campismo do Freixial dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Parque de Campismo do Freixial? As the team also rightly points out, the best options to get up to in the surrounding area are the countryside walks all around: ask on site for recommendations. More walks as … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Parque de Campismo do Freixial?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: noon