This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful beachside site on the sands of Praia a Mare
- A five-minute drive from Praia a Mare resort and Pollino National Park
- Playground, shop, sports areas, seasonal entertainment and restaurant
Coming to Calabria in search of sea views and a sandy beach to sprawl on? Sort the both with a stay at International Camping Village, in a stunning setting on the wide two-kilometre beach of Praia a Mare and a five-minute drive from the seaside resort of the same name.
Water views – natch – are all around the site, and there are also vistas of Dino island, a rocky outcrop that's a famed spot for its large sea caves accessible by dinghies and other small boats. It’s all on the Gulf of Policastro in the very south west of Italy, home to lush landscapes, vast beaches and clear Tyrrhenian Sea waters; inland, the spectacular views and plentiful activities of the Pollino National Park are a couple of kilometres to the east.
As beaches go, Praia a Mare is a whopper – one of the biggest in Calabria, no less. Lazy days are encouraged by the presence of parasols, deckchairs, sun loungers and a kiosk bar, but there are pedaloes to hire and beach volleyball areas if you feel the need for a little activity from time to time (plus aqua gym and morning workouts in the summer months).
More movement can be had on site, where there’s a playground, a kids’ club and sports areas for ping pong, five-a-side football and tennis. Alternatively, days of lounging can be continued with relaxed meals at the restaurant (which serves up a fine range of breakfasts, aperitifs, wood-oven pizzas and traditional Italian cuisine) and evenings of easy entertainment on site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Nearby farmers' market
Very large (over 200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
There’s a fab collection of scenic spots along this part of the Calabria coastline, so haul yourself up off the sands and set out to see some of it. A seafront cycle ride is a good place to start; you can set off just outside the site to pedal to Praia a Mare. Once there you’ll need to abandon your wheels to potter through the pedestrian-only streets of the centre.
If you’ve been admiring Dino Island from afar, it’s a fine idea to take a closer look on a boat tour from San Nicola Arcella (10 minutes’ drive); quite often you’ll get a bonus prize of a stop at the Grotta dell'Arco Magno, a stunning sea cave on the mainland. If you’re after a bit of mountain scenery for a change, aim for pretty Aieta, 25 minutes’ drive away.
Those that can’t bear to stay out of the water for too long should slide their way to a splashdown at Aquafans waterpark (10 minutes’ walk), or pay a visit the Pollino National Park and Papasidero (40 minutes) for diving and rafting adventures in/on the Lao river.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does International Camping Village have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is International Camping Village dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near International Camping Village? There’s a fab collection of scenic spots along this part of the Calabria coastline, so haul yourself up off the sands and set out to see some of it. A seafront cycle … Read more
When can I check in and check out of International Camping Village?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon