This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- A few metres from the seaside
- Green settings
- Large swimming pool and summer activities
A teeny stroll from the sea and a mere two kilometres south of the town of Paola lies Calabria's Villaggio Bahja, set on a ten-hectare estate surrounded by lush Mediterranean scrub – we could spend a happy couple of weeks here, grazie very much.
If the Italian seaside just isn't enough for you, the site has a paddling pool for families and tiddlers, and a big pool surrounded by a solarium with deckchairs and sun loungers (we recommend plunging poolwards after a time on the tennis courts, basketball court or five-a-side football pitch). Entertainment and activities are held on the beach and in the splendidly named entertainment amphitheatre.
The main facilities on site are by the seaside and include a restaurant with a large outdoor verandah and indoor air-conditioned rooms, an ice-cream parlour, an off-licence, a grocery shop and a laundry room with coin-operated washing machines and a washing-up area. Free wifi zones are around the site.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Large (51-200 sites)
Villaggio Bahja's local town is medieval Paola, handily set between Lamezia Terme and Cosenza and a pretty place to wander. It's best known for being the birthplace of San Francesco di Paola, founder of Francescan order the Minims, and its most visited attraction is the St Francis Sanctuary above the town.
The varied landscapes around the area are also known for their hiking, with a variety of paths leading to teeny villages and churches all around: look out here for farmers' markets, festivals and sagre, the foodie festivals all over Italy celebrating a region's particular foodstuff.
The Sila and the Pollino national parks are nearby too, with many a day to be had walking, wildlife watching, or being more active at rafting, canoeing, canyoning, rock climbing and swimming. Or mosey along the coast for waterparks like the Odissea 2000 in Zolfara near Rossano, and for days surfing, waterskiing, playing beach volleyball and snorkelling.
- Does Villaggio Bahja have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Villaggio Bahja dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Villaggio Bahja? Villaggio Bahja's local town is medieval Paola, handily set between Lamezia Terme and Cosenza and a pretty place to wander. It's best known for being the birthplace of San Francesco di Paola, … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Villaggio Bahja?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.