This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site 10 minutes from Sarlat - summer shuttle available
- Under 30 minutes from the Lascaux caves and Dordogne river beaches
- Pools, wellness centre, playground, miniature golf, bar and snack bar
Do you seek a fully French holiday? On a site the friendly owners describe as 'typically French', where families from the region return year after year – and where guests from the UK and other European countries can delve into the full flavour of a stay in this la belle land?
And if you seek a stay within easy reach of Sarlat… well, how jolly sensible of you, and how well you're sorted here. Camping du Domaine de Maillac is 10 minutes' drive from the medieval town, as well as 20 minutes from the waters of the Dordogne (canoeing, anyone?) and within easy day trip distance of world-famed sites like the Lascaux caves, Rocamadour and châteaux of all sorts … it's fair enough to firmly state that pretty much most of France is represented in this region.
Around the site, spend hours in the water at the big, modern and heated pool, or sunbathing alongside if you'd rather bask under the Dordogne sun. A Jacuzzi and sauna are on site for grownup use – perhaps while juniors aged five to 10 are being thoroughly entertained at the summer kids' club.
A bar with pool table, big screen TV, coffee and beer awaits too (perhaps not those last two for the kids), and a snack bar serves a good range of meals to eat in or take away. Parties, discos, live music and theme dinners are all part of the lively summer entertainment programme – look out for Asterix and Obelix dishing up your nosh at this last.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Oui j'ai aimé il y avait bien longtemps que javai …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Caravan storage facilities
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for caravans
The splendidly pretty medieval town of Sarlat is 10 minutes' drive away. A shuttle bus runs from Camping du Domaine de Maillac to Sarlat and back every Saturday, leaving the site at 930am and coming back at about half past one.
The site is also 20 minutes' from the Dordogne river, with its nearby châteaux, beaches for paddling and swimming, and – for softies, says the adventurous team – canoeing along its gentle current. More placid pursuits are closer to home, via the well-marked footpaths and several spots for fishing; ask the team for top tips.
As well as many châteaux and gardens and a local village market every day of the week, you can (and surely should) visit the world-famed Lascaux caves within 30 minutes' drive, the medieval pilgrimage town of Rocamadour in about an hour, the caves at Proumeyssac and Padirac within 45 minutes and an hour and a quarter respectively, and the fab prehistory museum at Les Eyzies, 30 minutes' drive away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping du Domaine de Maillac have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping du Domaine de Maillac dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping du Domaine de Maillac? The splendidly pretty medieval town of Sarlat is 10 minutes' drive away. A shuttle bus runs from Camping du Domaine de Maillac to Sarlat and back every Saturday, leaving the site at … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping du Domaine de Maillac?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.