This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Scenic and peaceful site on the slopes of the extinct Ilalo volcano
- A 40-minute drive into Quito; an hour from Refugio Ecológico Molinuco
- Restaurant, play area, and terrace with mountain views
Do crowded sites and screaming kids get you all heated up? At El Ilalo Campground – a spacious and greenery-filled site in El Tingo, 40 minutes’ drive from the centre of the Ecuadorian capital city of Quito – all is calm for scenic stays.
The site’s on the slopes of Ilalo volcano (don’t worry – it’s long extinct) so volcanologists and enthusiastic hikers should get to work straight away, moving towards its hikes faster than flowing lava. Head to Tumbaco to scale the northern side and spy out the views towards Colombia, or start an assault on the steeper southern side for stunning vistas of Cotopaxi and other peaks.
It’s not the only volcano round here either – cross the city to hitch a ride on the TelefériQo cable car and get deposited part way up the slopes of Pichincha, then climb the rest of the way to the summit. There are excellent views over this way too…
When muscle aches become too much to handle, one of the naturally heated pools in the area should serve to unravel them. The site is on the Intervalles de las Termas route, so there are plenty of pools within 20 minutes full of thermal volcanic water.
Days of hiking can be rewarded with a bite in the on-site restaurant, and there are lots of eateries between the site and the centre of Quito for a local flavour.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
The site’s in a prime spot on the outskirts of Quito, placing plenty to do within easy reach.
Within around half an hour’s drive guests can visit the extravagantly gilded Iglesia de la Compañía de Jesús, take tours of the Ecuadorian government buildings (Palacio de Gobierno), stroll through the botanic garden in Parque La Carolina, or wander through the artistic La Capilla del Hombre (a cultural centre that elevates humankind to a spiritual level).
One doesn’t need to travel far to escape the city either, and there’s lots hereabouts to entertain the entire family. Head to Vulqano Park for a day of screaming along rides, or venture towards the other side of the city for ziplining, climbing and swinging at Nayon Xtreme Valley adventure park. (Both are within 40 minutes of base.)
City days can be overwhelming sometimes, but the site’s well-placed for peaceful hours out in nature: it’s 55 minutes to Refugio Ecológico Molinuco if hiking, waterfalls, trekking and canopying sound like the dream, and Refugio de Vida Silvestre Pasochoa is a must an hour away for birdwatchers who always fancy lengthy hikes.
There’s art history too… The site’s about an hour from Museo Templo del Sol Pintor Cristobal Ortega Maila, a museum temple designed by the eponymous artist to preserve Andean culture.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does El Ilalo Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is El Ilalo Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near El Ilalo Campground? The site’s in a prime spot on the outskirts of Quito, placing plenty to do within easy reach. Within around half an hour’s drive guests can visit the extravagantly gilded Iglesia de … Read more
When can I check in and check out of El Ilalo Campground?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime