This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet site with mountain views, five minutes' drive from San Agustín
- A five-minute drive from San Agustín Archaeological Park
- Within half an hour of Chaquira Canyon and Magdalena Straits
Ever watch the Indiana Jones films and imagine you were there? No need to daydream... pack your big hats and your bullwhips and book a spot at Camping La Cumbre del Macizo.
This friendly and peaceful site is in the south of central Colombia, a five-minute drive from the town of San Agustín and surrounded by the burial sites, painted statues and stone walkways of the ancient, pre-Colombian, Agustinian people.
Adding to the blockbuster adventure vibe, this area, where the Andes meet the Colombian massif, is packed with waterfalls and canyons, rapids and mountain trails for hikes, high-altitude horse rides and white-knuckle river trips on the Magdalena river.
Even action heroes need the odd bit of downtime, and this site does the job in sorting a comfy base to come back to: the pitches are spacious and the mountain views better than anything you’ll see on the big screen. There’s a well-equipped camp kitchen too, and a suitably film-like stone circle for fireside feasts (and poring over that old parchment treasure map you just found…).
The site is five minutes by car or a 20-minute walk into town, where there are shops, bars and restaurants, and a pair of museums full of Agustinian artefacts.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
For instant immersions in ancient Agustinian culture, the San Agustín Archaeological Park five minutes’ drive away is a wide and hilly site dotted with stone idols, burial mounds, pathways and rock carvings.
A highlight for many is the Lavapatas fountain, a trio of channels and pools carved with great precision into a riverbed, for reasons humans can only guess at... Equally mysterious and making a fine end to a hike, La Chaquira canyon (20 minutes), finishes with views across the Magdalena river amid a rock landscape full of carved human faces and monstrous figures.
It’s a substantial hike or horse ride from the trailheads (25 minutes’ drive), but if you’ve acquired a taste for ancient relics, the sites of La Pelota and El Purtal are particularly rewarding, as the idols are carved in greater detail and traces of the original paint bring them to life (but not in a scary special effects fashion…).
For adventures without the archaeology, make for the Magdalena Straits (half an hour): at this point, one of Colombia’s major rivers is funnelled through a canyon not much wider than a minibus, making for a great deal of white water, and attracting many a rafter for that reason.
There’s more high-octane river action within the Puracé National Park (an hour and a half), along with hikes through a lush wilderness looking out for rare orchids, hummingbirds, Andean condors and many varieties of monkey.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping La Cumbre del Macizo have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping La Cumbre del Macizo dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Cumbre del Macizo? For instant immersions in ancient Agustinian culture, the San Agustín Archaeological Park five minutes’ drive away is a wide and hilly site dotted with stone idols, burial mounds, pathways and rock carvings. … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping La Cumbre del Macizo?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 3 p.m.