This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful adults only site with stunning valley views
- Paradise for hikers, rafters and adventurers of all types
- Restaurants, museums and sights of San Agustín within 20 minutes
Lace up those walking boots and pack that wetsuit for a stay at Cabañas y Camping Colina de San Diego, a site 20 minutes’ drive from the Huila Department town of San Agustín – it’s an explorer’s dream round here.
Outdoorsy adventuring is a cinch at Colina de San Diego. Anyone who can habla a little español will have deduced that the site is in a pretty hilly area, making it a top spot for rambling hikes through scenic vistas. That won’t float everyone’s boat, but going with the flow is easy too and the Magdalena Straits river is less than 15 minutes from site for some whitewater rafting.
Lazy days on site don’t have to mean sacrificing nature time either – there’s a garden to wander around for guests who are still feeling a tad energetic, and there are plenty of spots for kicking back and soaking up the stunning views over the valley.
With an active hol beckoning, staying well-fed is a must, so grab a bite of some local grub at the on-site restaurant or set something smouldering on the barbecue for yourself, then switch off by streaming something that doesn’t require too much thought (there’s free wifi throughout the site) and get a peaceful night’s sleep before heading back into the hills for round two.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
The area around San Agustín is paradise for history buffs – in the hills near Colina de San Diego are the Archaeological Park of San Agustín (a UNESCO World Heritage Site 20 minutes’ drive from base where there are plenty of millennia-old artefacts to explore) and the Parque Arqueologico Alto de los Ídolos (an hour away).
Augustinian statuary and rock carvings are dotted around the parks, and La Pelota, Purutal, El Tablón and La Chaquira are worth visits to see some prime examples. Driving here isn’t an option, so be sure to stretch those legs before getting started or opt instead for a horseback trek between sites.
There are plenty of museums too, for anyone after more on the ancient civilisations that called these hills home. Pass an hour or two in the ethnographic museum at El Tablón to learn about agricultural methods and tools, or call into the Museo Obando, 20 minutes away, where you can poke around ceramics and stone paintings that show the pre-Colombian culture of the region.
For more time out in nature, make the 20-minute trip to the ceremonial fountain of Lavapatas or journey a little further to Puracé National Natural Park, an hour and a half away, for hikes and – with a little luck – an afternoon spent spotting cougars, mountain tapirs and Andean bears.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Cabañas y Camping Colina de San Diego have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Cabañas y Camping Colina de San Diego dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cabañas y Camping Colina de San Diego? The area around San Agustín is paradise for history buffs – in the hills near Colina de San Diego are the Archaeological Park of San Agustín (a UNESCO World Heritage Site 20 … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Cabañas y Camping Colina de San Diego?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-park accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime