This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On the banks of the Sheep River in Okotoks, 50 kilometres from Calgary
- Swimming, fishing, birdwatching and nature trails on site
- Playgrounds, miniature golf and boats and pedaloes for hire
Riverbend Campground is on the banks of the Sheep River two kilometres from the centre of Okotoks, a small town in Alberta's ranchland area, 50 kilometres from the centre of Calgary. The site has views of the Rocky Mountains and is around an hour and a half's drive from the Banff National Park. Within the grounds, there's a nature trail through parkland, marshland and along the river, where it's possible to view a variety of birds and animals such as deer, beavers and muskrats. The river next to the site is suitable for swimming and fishing, and guests can also rent small boats and pedaloes.
Facilities at Riverbend Campground include playgrounds, miniature golf, firepits, and a large gazebo with kitchen that can be hired for gatherings and events such as weddings. Clean, modern washrooms have toilets and hot showers (small extra charge), and there's also a launderette
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Nearby attractions include:
– Birdwatching around the Sheep River (next to the site) and at Frank Lake (30 kilometres)
– Shops, restaurants, sports facilities, walking trails and museums in Okotoks (two kilometres)
– Golf courses (three courses within 10 kilometres)
– Kayben Farms Sunshine Park (seven kilometres)
– The Big Rock glacial boulder (12 kilometres)
– Fishing in the Bow River (15 kilometres) and Chain Lakes Reservoir (50 kilometres)
– Rafting and horse riding (50 kilometres)
– Zoo, Olympic Park, museums and Calgary Tower in Calgary (50 kilometres).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Riverbend Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Riverbend Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Riverbend Campground? Nearby attractions include: – Birdwatching around the Sheep River (next to the site) and at Frank Lake (30 kilometres) – Shops, restaurants, sports facilities, walking trails and museums in Okotoks (two kilometres) … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Riverbend Campground?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.