This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Well maintained and scenic setting with spacious pitches
- On the Offa's Dyke Path on the border of England and Wales
- A 15-min drive from Monmouth; Wye canoeing within a couple of miles
Wales? England? Mosey along to this Monmouthshire site for both. Hendre Farmhouse Orchard Campsite is on the border of England and Wales, within easy reach of days out of all sorts in both countries.
It's no more than half an hour's drive to famed attractions in both lands: the Brecon Beacons, Chepstow, the Wye valley and Raglan Castle on the Welsh side, and the Forest of Dean, Tintern Abbey and Hereford on the English. Even closer to home, the farm is on Offa's Dyke Path for those who fancy part – or all – of its 177-mile route along the Welsh/English border; canoeing on the River Wye is within a couple of miles, and the championship course of the Rolls of Monmouth Golf Club borders the site.
Hendre Farmhouse Orchard is a peaceful spot overlooking meadows, rivers and hills, and with the River Trothy flowing through the farm meadows. Monmouth is 15 minutes' drive away.
Open from 04/01/2022 to 09/30/2022
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Quiet site, excellent facilities, friendly folk and good walking area.
One of the best campsites I’ve been to
Lovely chilled place with very friendly owners
Beautiful spot and incredible facilities. We were late booking but …
Excellent site with clean facilities, friendly staff and level pitches
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
- Coach stations
— 2.9 miles
2.9 miles Bus Station — 9.8 miles
9.8 miles Telephone Exchange — 10.2 miles
- Train stations
Abergavenny Rail Station
— 9.6 miles
9.6 miles Pontypool & New Inn Rail Station — 12.4 miles
12.4 miles Chepstow Rail Station — 12.6 miles
- Ferry ports
— 13.8 miles
13.8 miles Sharpness Old Docks — 14.3 miles
14.3 miles Newport (S Wales) Ferry Terminal — 18.7 miles
— 27.6 miles
27.6 miles Bristol International Airport — 29.3 miles
Get your walking boots ready, because Hendre's setting next to the Sugar Loaf and Black Mountain ranges is among the most scenic hiking country in Wales.
Recommended walks include the Three Castles, a 19-mile route linking the castles of Skenfrith, Grosmont and White, following hills and woods and among views of the Black Mountains, the Welsh Marches and the Forest of Dean. Also to be tackled of course is Offa's Dyke Path, on its southern Wales section around the Wye valley and the eastern side of the Brecon Beacons National Park: just follow the acorns...
You could also try the Celtic Trail, on a route across Wales rather than up and down it like Offa's Dyke, and running west from Chepstow to the county of Pembrokeshire, or the 100 miles of the Beacons Way for a challenging day or two of hikes. In the Wye valley and the Vale of Usk, take the Wye Valley Walk on part of its 136-mile run from Chepstow to Rhayder via Tintern Abbey and Monmouth and eventually Rhayder.
For a shorter local stroll, try the Caerleon Heritage Trail, the Lower Wye Ramble or the Priory Grove Circular Trail.
- Caldicot Castle & Country Park (3.0 miles)
- Raglan Castle (3.7 miles)
- Goodrich Castle (8.3 miles)
- The Kymin (4.2 miles)
- Skenfrith Castle (4.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||7:30 p.m.|
Hendre Farmhouse Orchard Campsite cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Modifications are subject to a £1.00 ($1.32) fee.
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Hendre Farmhouse Orchard Campsite on arrival.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Hendre Farmhouse Orchard Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hendre Farmhouse Orchard Campsite dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Hendre Farmhouse Orchard Campsite? Get your walking boots ready, because Hendre's setting next to the Sugar Loaf and Black Mountain ranges is among the most scenic hiking country in Wales. Recommended walks include the Three Castles, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hendre Farmhouse Orchard Campsite?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: noon