This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Stunningly scenic eco-friendly site on Llyn Peninsula coast
- A 15-minute drive to Snowdonia National Park; 20 minutes to Caernarfon
- Off-grid site: solar lights, compost loos and biodegradable products
Keep your carbon footprint on the lighter side while on your travels with an environmentally friendly, low-impact stay at Gyrn Ddu Campsite, a family-run and family-friendly site 20 minutes from the Welsh coastal town of Caernarfon.
On the fab Llyn Peninsula, this is a spectacularly scenic spot for peaceful getaways, with stunning views over Caernarfon Bay and towards Yr Eifl (the Rivals) mountains. The nicely leafy site is a prime place for unwinding too, with seven acres of green space shared by just a handful of guests.
Speaking of green, the eco-conscious traveller can rest easy with this place’s credentials… It’s a Greener Camping Club Site (non-members will be signed up on site for no extra fee) and all the facilities work to minimise environmental impact without making stays any less comfy – there’s solar lighting to illuminate the way, compost toilets for when nature calls, and LPG showers for washing off busy days, plus biodegradable products for guests’ use.
Stick with the green theme with jaunts into Snowdonia for hikes and bike rides, or venture to the end of the road (about five minutes' stroll) to join the Wales Coast Path and see this gorgeous part of the country with no footprint left behind but the one under a boot. Picnic tables are available on site for all guests who’d like to have an alfresco meal pre- or post-adventure.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Beautiful site and lovely, welcoming owners. The family and I …
Lovely site extremely clean very friendly
Excellent secluded location. Next to sea. Home comforts and welcoming
Wonderful site in a beautiful location.
Would definitely come again, had no problems at all
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.8 miles
5.8 miles Povey's Garage — 5.8 miles
5.8 miles Brynbachau — 7.2 miles
- Train stations
Abererch Rail Station
— 7.3 miles
7.3 miles Penychain Rail Station — 7.3 miles
7.3 miles Pwllheli Rail Station — 8.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Aberdaron Ferry Landing
— 19.1 miles
19.1 miles Holyhead Ferry Terminal — 23.3 miles
23.3 miles Bardsey Island Ferry Landing — 24.0 miles
— 18.3 miles
Beachy holidays can get started within handily easy reach of the site. It’s five minutes’ walk from base to the nearest sandy and pebbled stretch, where guests can stroll along the seafront, dip toes in the Irish Sea and, with a bit of luck, spot seals and porpoises.
If that all sounds entirely too peaceful, opt instead for a bit of activity at Glasfryn Parc (10 minutes’ drive), where bowling, quad biking, archery, wakeboarding and Segways might quicken pulses. Otherwise, stick to leisurely days with a stop at Glynllifon Country Park (also 10 minutes) to wander parklands, nab souvenirs in the gift shop and order up some organic vegan food in the café.
Further flung explores are to be had at Pwllheli (15 minutes) where, as well as walking the marina, promenade and sandy beach, guests can catch boats to the scenic Bardsey Island (a nature reserve and Site of Special Scientific Interest about two miles off the coast).
The town of Caernarfon is another must-visit, 20 minutes from base. Point tyres here for castle explores, harbour strolls, days and evenings in bars and restaurants, or a trip on the Welsh Highland Railway to Porthmadog and on to Blaenau Ffestiniog.
Above ground explores dispensed with, head below the earth’s surface at the National Slate Museum, 30 minutes away.
- Criccieth Castle (9.0 miles)
- Caernarfon Castle (10.6 miles)
- Welsh Highland Railway (Porthmadog) (12.0 miles)
- Plas Newydd Country House and Gardens (15.5 miles)
- Plas yn Rhiw (15.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Can bookings for Gyrn Ddu Campsite be amended free of charge? Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, customers can amend their dates with the campground/park free of charge for all stays up to, and including, 09/04/2021. Read more
- Does Gyrn Ddu Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Gyrn Ddu Campsite dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Gyrn Ddu Campsite? Beachy holidays can get started within handily easy reach of the site. It’s five minutes’ walk from base to the nearest sandy and pebbled stretch, where guests can stroll along the seafront, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Gyrn Ddu Campsite?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.