This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Adults-only waterside site on the edge of a peaceful Essex village
- A mile and a half from the coast; 25 minutes' drive from Colchester
- Direct access to a lake; 10 minutes' walk from pubs and takeaways
Harbour Lodge is a quiet adults-only site located close to the gorgeous Essex coast. The pitches here are flat and grassy and look out onto a lake where you'll see various craft gently drifting by – a watersports centre is less than five minutes' stroll away if you fancy getting out for some paddling of your own.
St Osyth village centre is a 10-minute walk away: here there's a historic Grade I-listed priory, a bus stop, pub and a couple of takeaways. Other popular Essex spots like Clacton-on-Sea (10 minutes' drive) and Colchester (25 minutes) are within easy reach.
This site has no on-site toilet or shower facilities, so you'll need to bring your own but there's a handy wifi connection to make it easy to plan all your outings. Barbecues are allowed at Harbour Lodge, so head down to the water's edge and get grilling. Need to stock up beforehand? Head into St Osyth to make use of the nifty village store and local butcher's.
The nearest beach is pebbly but still a mighty fine spot to take in those Essex sea views. Nearby Jaywick beach (10 minutes' drive) is sandier; there's also an arcade.
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Gorgeous views, friendly host and so much to do within a walk!
Everything was lovely the place we pitched up was a …
Exellent site but unfortunately the facilities was not good not toilet
From the manager...
Thanks for your positive review
Plenty of room for tent, safe parking space, lovely location.
Excellent site, very friendly
Very well organised owner of site ,always happy to help …
Great site, great host.
Really nice spot, right next to the lake and 2 …
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
St Osyth: Kings Arms Coach Stop
— 0.6 miles
0.6 miles St Osyth: Shangri La Caravan Park Coach Stop — 1.3 miles
1.3 miles Jaywick: Chester Holiday Park Coach Stop — 2.3 miles
- Train stations
Clacton-on-Sea Rail Station
— 3.8 miles
3.8 miles Great Bentley Rail Station — 3.9 miles
3.9 miles Weeley Rail Station — 4.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Brightlingsea Ferry Landing
— 1.9 miles
1.9 miles Point Clear Ferry Landing — 2.0 miles
2.0 miles Harwich International Ferry Terminal — 13.2 miles
London Southend Airport
— 22.1 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Clacton seafront: 10 minutes' drive
- Brightlingsea Lido: 15 minutes
- Colchester Castle: 25 minutes
- Hamford Water National Nature Reserve: 30 minutes
- Harwich Redoubt Fort: 30 minutes
- Flatford Mill (National Trust property): 30 minutes
- Hylands House: 50 minutes
- Osea Island: an hour.
- firstsite (9.5 miles)
- Colchester Castle Museum (9.6 miles)
- Colchester Zoo (10.9 miles)
- Bourne Mill (8.6 miles)
- Flatford: Bridge Cottage (11.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Harbour Lodge have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Harbour Lodge dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Harbour Lodge? Local attractions and activities include: - Clacton seafront: 10 minutes' drive - Brightlingsea Lido: 15 minutes - Colchester Castle: 25 minutes - Hamford Water National Nature Reserve: 30 minutes - Harwich Redoubt … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Harbour Lodge?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon