This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family-friendly site in the scenic Forest of Bowland
- A 10-minute drive from Settle and 50 minutes from Lancaster
- A 5-minute drive from the Yorkshire Dales and 35 from the Lakes
Keen on calming stays with easy access to mountains, National Parks and the local village pub? Then settle in for peaceful hols at Yorkshire Dales Campsite, a family-friendly site 10 minutes’ drive from the Lancashire market town of Settle.
The site’s well placed for ramblers, especially those with dogs in tow… In the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, it should come as no surprise that there are plenty of walking trails leaving directly from the site. Not ambitious enough? It’s less than five minutes to the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, and the Three Peaks – Whernside, Ingleborough and Pen-y-Ghent – are between 25 and 40 minutes away.
If modes of transport other than one’s own legs appeal instead, make tracks for Gisburn Forest 20 minutes away, to explore trails on foot, on horseback, or on hired bikes or wheelchairs. Dogs are welcome too, so there's no need to leave canine chums chasing their tails back at site.
Well-earned quiet days and nights are a cinch on site: there’s a half-mile dog walk by the river for unwinding walkies, and barbecues and campfires are allowed. If a night on the town is preferable to barbecued dinner and sitting around the firepit, local eats and pints can be had five minutes’ drive (or a 20-minute walk) away at the pub in the nearby village of Austwick.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Lovely site,lovely location.clean & warm facilities,friendly staff
This is our second time in the last 2 weeks + would definitely return
Excellent site with clean facilities, friendly staff
Loved the site, nice and quite but not so you …
Excellent site with clean facilities, friendly staff and level pi
Friendly staff, excellent facilities and decent sized pitches.
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Small (11-25 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Gisburn: Post Office Bus Stop
— 12.4 miles
12.4 miles Chatburn: Post Office Bus Stop — 14.5 miles
14.5 miles Barnoldswick: Station Road Bus Stop — 14.8 miles
- Train stations
Clapham (N Yorks) Rail Station
— 1.6 miles
1.6 miles Giggleswick Rail Station — 4.0 miles
4.0 miles Horton-in-Ribblesdale Rail Station — 4.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Heysham Ferry Terminal
— 22.5 miles
22.5 miles Fell Foot Country Park Ferry Landing — 26.4 miles
26.4 miles Lakeside Windermere Ferry Landing — 26.6 miles
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 33.2 miles
If the mere suggestion of hols sends everyone in the family scurrying for the beach towels, be sure to head to Morecambe as quick as can be. The large coastal town 50 minutes’ drive from base has a promenade to stroll, a dog-friendly beach for tail-wagging explores, gardens for budding botanists and miniature golf for turning stays into holes in one.
When seaside cravings are dealt with, retreat back inland to Lancaster for city days; within 50 minutes of the site, there are museums, galleries, a cathedral, a Roman bath house, and – for keen lepidopterists – a butterfly house.
Lengthier city jaunts can be sought in Leeds by clambering into the car for an hour and a half’s journey, or by booking a seat on the train leaving Settle (10 minutes) for an hour of travelling in style. By rights, though, any trains departing Settle should be caught heading in the other direction, along the Settle-Carlisle Railway and crossing the impressive Ribblehead Viaduct.
Closer at hand, spend pretty-filled days at the stunning Malham Cove (which Harry Potter fans may recognise from the sixth film) half an hour away, opt for the spectacularly photographable Ingleton Falls 10 minutes from base, or dive below the surface at White Scar or Ingleborough caves, both within 15 minutes.
- Lancaster Castle (17.9 miles)
- Beacon Fell Country Park (19.2 miles)
- Levens Hall & Gardens (19.7 miles)
- Malham Tarn Estate (8.0 miles)
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (20.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Yorkshire Dales Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Yorkshire Dales Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Yorkshire Dales Campsite? If the mere suggestion of hols sends everyone in the family scurrying for the beach towels, be sure to head to Morecambe as quick as can be. The large coastal town 50 … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Yorkshire Dales Campsite?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 12:30 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon