This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful glamping site on the edge of Charney Bassett
- Half an hour's drive drive from Oxford city centre and Blenheim Palace
- Cosy bell tents with pub-style seating and private firepits
Bowled over by Blenheim Palace and Oxfordshire’s gentle countryside? Then make for Blenheim Field, a quiet site on the edge of the village of Charney Bassett. Set roughly halfway between the mighty River Thames and the edge of the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, it's a practical spot for nature-themed outdoor breaks of various flavours.
With a backdrop made up of greenery, visiting wildlife and resident chickens, this is certainly a calm spot to spend a few days away from home. The site's pre-pitched bell tents come set up with seating, a firepit, a double bed and two single inflatable beds (please bring your own bedding and towels).
For toilets and showers, a short walk across the field will take you to the well-maintained two-person blocks. This secluded glamping site is also extra secure, with high hedges all around and a sturdy metal gate giving access to a quiet country road.
Blenheim Field is around half a mile from a well-reviewed local pub that overlooks a handsome village green. While you might be happy enough shuttling back and forth between your accommodation and the pub for a few days, make sure to equip yourself with a decent map if heading here – between treks on The Ridgeway, ambling along the Thames Path and scouting out local shortcuts, it's sure to come in handy.
Open from 05/28/2021 to 08/31/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
- Coach stations
Faringdon (Oxon): Market Place Bus Stop
— 5.8 miles
5.8 miles Shrivenham: High Street Bus Stop — 9.2 miles
9.2 miles Witney: Market Square Bus Stop — 9.9 miles
- Train stations
Appleford Rail Station
— 9.0 miles
9.0 miles Didcot Parkway Rail Station — 9.3 miles
9.3 miles Culham Rail Station — 9.3 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 44.6 miles
London Oxford Airport
— 14.4 miles
For country-style entertainment and some fresh local food, start out at Millets Farm Centre (10 minutes' drive), a large outdoor estate where (depending on the season) you can pick your own fruit and veg or walk through colourful fields of pumpkins. There's also a restaurant here, plus a large play area for kids looking to burn off a bit of steam.
Oxford city centre and its dreaming spires are around half an hour away (a convenient park and ride takes around 20 minutes to reach). Many of the university's colleges (some of which are free to enter) are open to visitors during the daylight hours, while at dusk you can head to watch sunset over Christchurch Meadow before sipping on pints in century-old pubs.
To see Churchill's childhood home and all its splendid grounds, drive to Blenheim Palace (30 minutes); there are also popular jousting tournaments here throughout the high season. Finally, if animal-themed day trips are called for, there's Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens (30 minutes), where you can admire rhinos, lemurs and other beasts strolling the lawns of an old manor house.
- Uffington Castle, White Horse and Dragon Hill (6.1 miles)
- The Buscot and Coleshill Estates (9.0 miles)
- Didcot Railway Centre (9.2 miles)
- Priory Cottages (5.6 miles)
- Great Coxwell Barn (6.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Blenheim Field have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Blenheim Field dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Blenheim Field? For country-style entertainment and some fresh local food, start out at Millets Farm Centre (10 minutes' drive), a large outdoor estate where (depending on the season) you can pick your own fruit … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Blenheim Field?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.