This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
The Bull's Head, Craswall is in a idyllic location at the foot of the Black Mountains in rural Herefordshire. Once called the 'most remote pub in the UK', this is truly the place to get away from it all. The pub is renowned for its excellent food (Good Food Guide 2013) and its selection of local ciders and real ales. The pub is only open Friday Saturday and Sundays.
The campsite is in a gently sloping field next to the pub, and is wild camping at its finest. At times you may have to share the field with a couple of sheep (although they'll probably stay at the far end of the field).
Please note that there is no mobile phone signal in the area. GPS and satnavs are unreliable due to the remote location, so please come prepared.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Lake and/or mountain
Propane/gas cylinders available
Small (11-25 sites)
- Coach stations
Hay on Wye: Castle Bus Stop
— 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Pontrilas: Telephone Exchange Coach Stop — 8.6 miles
8.6 miles Abergavenny Bus Station — 13.4 miles
- Train stations
Abergavenny Rail Station
— 13.7 miles
13.7 miles Hereford Rail Station — 14.7 miles
14.7 miles Ebbw Vale Parkway Rail Station — 18.9 miles
- Ferry ports
— 31.1 miles
— 38.8 miles
Leaving Hay-on-Wye, once you have passed The Swan at Hay Hotel on the right, take the first left onto Forest Road. Continue for 2.5 miles. Take the left fork and keep going. It's another 3.5 miles, although it will feel a lot further. Have faith and keep going.
From Abergavenny, take the Old Hereford Road (A465) North towards Hereford. At Pandy, take a sharp left next to the pub. Keep going. You will go through Cloddock then Longtown before reaching Craswall.
Remember that the pub is in a very remote location and Satnavs/GPS aren't always reliable. Please bring these directions with you.
In summer months, there is a small bus service from Hay to Craswall. Call Hay-on-Wye tourist information office for an up-to-date timetable.
When staying at The Bull's Head, you will experience some of the best walking in the country, with breathtaking beautiful scenes at every few steps. We're only a short distance from Offa's Dyke, the Wye Valley Walk, the Monnow Valley Walk and many other local routes. A particularly pretty circular route from the pub is the old Drovers' route.
Only six miles fom Hay-on-Wye, the famous 'town of books', we can easily arrange bike hire, fishing, clay pigeon shooting, canoeing, horse riding and much more.
- Blaenavon Ironworks (16.5 miles)
- Blaenavon World Heritage Centre & Tourist Information Centre (16.7 miles)
- Big Pit: National Coal Museum (16.9 miles)
- Cwmmau Farmhouse (9.7 miles)
- The Weir (10.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Bulls Head have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Bulls Head dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Bulls Head? When staying at The Bull's Head, you will experience some of the best walking in the country, with breathtaking beautiful scenes at every few steps. We're only a short distance from Offa's ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of The Bulls Head?
Anytime by arrangementRead more